lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
Jerseyjg81
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 club car charging issues-48v

Ok so I got two club cars. Last year all batteries were replaced with interstates. I topped off the (distilled)water one time, and it wasn't even that low. Lately they go out and can't get a full day out of them.....soo here's what I did so far and know....

Chargers seem to be working fine, a little hot to touch but runs about 6 hrs. Start at 15 for an hour or two then gradually drop to 10 and5 amps as a deep cycle would. They are power drive 3 chargers.

After a full charging cycle I put a hydrometer to each cell, I get clear color water but only 50% life in ever cell. All equal so I think I can rule out bad batteries or even one being bad. Also after a full charge I get around 50v which is normal.

Obviously I cleaned all terminals, sprayed terminal protector and double checked all wires n connections and fuse. So now I'm leaning toward obc, cuz I know they control the charger.

I tried the procedure several times to reset it but I'm not getting the buzzer sound after 30 seconds or even 5 minutes. What could I be doing wrong?

I read on another thread about jumping the yellow fuse out the charger end and going right to neg, plug in charger and see if it kicks on. It did not turn on, which says my obc is ok, but not sure how thorough that test is.

Next test I'm doing as we speak is to manually charge a battery on a regular charger, low amp and see if I get better results with my hydrometer, pretty sure that will just confirm my batteries are good.

Ummm what else? HELP!!!! Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Jerseyjg81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: 08 club car charging issues-48v

When did you measure voltage after charge, right after or hours after?
If it was right after charger kicked of bats should be at about 65 volts, and after say 12 hours it should be around 51 volts.

50 vilts is only 80% charge.

Sound like bats are wearing out.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car