lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #31
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Free Magnet Speed Hack 27 MPH 02 IQ

Ok, I only know about IQ DS cars. I am pretty sure you can disable it on the DS models. Not sure about Precedents
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #32
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

So what other cart's would this magnet cut possibly work on?
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #33
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My two cents but I would be careful with this mod.. Yes going faster is good but screaming down a hill is not good for the motor. It just wasn't made to spin that fast. One of the things the sensor does is keep the motor from over revving .. If it comes apart at that speed bad things will happen.. Don't want to be a kill joy but don't want anyone hurt either.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #34
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is the last entry in the speed sensor test sticky, it appears to reference the DS IQ as well....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Regen braking cannot be completely removed with a programmer. Only the "Pedal-up" regen braking can be adjusted based on these settings. Regen braking still takes effect no matter what in an attempt to keep vehicle from going faster than the max speed it's programmed for. The only way around this is to install a high speed magnet and adjust to speed setting 3 or 4.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #35
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Trying to add video
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #36
naty1981
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys im new to this. im from australia. i have a iq 07 model Precedent. got it serviced then new batteries and my speed was only 12km = 7milesp/h, and breaking assistance kicks in. i couldnt resist after reading a thread about breaking the magnet. I have a GE motor and the magnet is thin plastic looking. Looked everywhere to get a speed magnet for this motor, only found one place in America but they do not offer international delivery. So i took matters into my own hands. I pulled it out the magnet and it snapped in half and the other half stuck inside. As i tried to pull the other half i snapped that piece in half. Anyway i put all 3 pieces back in looked really good all tight not going to move, put the sensor on and then the wheel.

NOW....I put the GPS on again, i get on a straight 75m - 100m driving - 27km = 16milesp/h, no braking assistance. never tried downhill or uphill. Its fantastic.

A question though, i'm getting my cart programmed for free from clubcar to code 3 , will this increase the speed more, or is there a limitation on the computer???
naty1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #37
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by naty1981 View Post
Hey guys im new to this. im from australia. i have a iq 07 model Precedent. got it serviced then new batteries and my speed was only 12km = 7milesp/h, and breaking assistance kicks in. i couldnt resist after reading a thread about breaking the magnet. I have a GE motor and the magnet is thin plastic looking. Looked everywhere to get a speed magnet for this motor, only found one place in America but they do not offer international delivery. So i took matters into my own hands. I pulled it out the magnet and it snapped in half and the other half stuck inside. As i tried to pull the other half i snapped that piece in half. Anyway i put all 3 pieces back in looked really good all tight not going to move, put the sensor on and then the wheel.

NOW....I put the GPS on again, i get on a straight 75m - 100m driving - 27km = 16milesp/h, no braking assistance. never tried downhill or uphill. Its fantastic.

A question though, i'm getting my cart programmed for free from clubcar to code 3 , will this increase the speed more, or is there a limitation on the computer???
. . . if you are getting 16mph at speed code 1 now, you may see a gain of of few mph when it is placed at speed code 3 . . . maybe up to about 19-20mph . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car