lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
tbcncman
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 ds

I bought a 1995 DS yesterday, only to find it had four 6 volt batteries and two 8 volt batteries. The owner said it needed new batteries and I bought 6 new 8 volts ones today. After installing them, the backup alarm sounds when in reverse, even with the key off, but the cart will not move at all. I hear a switch clicking somewhere around the throttle pedal, but no clicking from anything under the seat (solenoid). Can you please help in where to begin troubleshooting this cart?
Thank you,
tbcncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
tbcncman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1995 ds

I found in another thread about jumping #6 neg to small yellow wire on selonoid, and the cart runs now. There is however, a short wire connected to one side on the solenoid that has large ends on both ends that appear to go from one large post to the other. One end of this is not connextoed to anything. Any ideas? Also, what is the function of the on board controller?
Old 05-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
monepit
Getting Wild
Club Car

My 01 will sound the back up alarm when put in reverse even with the key off.
monepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
briparts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

sounds like you are missing the pre charge resistor,it connects to both large terminals of the solenoid and charges the caps in the controller
briparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
tbcncman
Not Yet Wild

I connected the resistor up, and now when you try to move it, it only nudges in either direction. I am a bit confused about the on board controllers. If I buy the bypss timer, will it work on my unit? I see many models and such called out for the actual on board computer. Are the alternate timers that mount on the chargers universal?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

First check OBC by bypassing in the charger. Is there a wire from the solenoid to #1 battery positive side? Am at my cart that is also a 95 and can answer questions off it
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car