lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
eagant5
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Batteries bubbling and fluid coming out the caps?

Hi, I have an 03 club car ds 48v. Im having trouble with my batteries bubbling and water from inside the batteries weep out of the fill caps. This is causing me to get a good bit of acid build up on the battery rails. I keep cleaning the rails off but the acid builds right back up over short period of time. The batteries are not over filled either as I always make sure to fill them to about 1" or so below the top. The batteries are about 5-6yrs old and are getting a little weak, but they still perform well and I get a long run time out of them. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?
eagant5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
TxPowderCoater
Getting Wild

Default Re: Batteries bubbling and fluid coming out the caps?

dang, they are creating serious heat from the current draw, good performance or not, I think I'd change 'em, they served 5 years, let em rest by turning them in and buy a new safer set.
TxPowderCoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Agree!

Or glue the caps on so there is no leakage and run em til their done, ... Just kidding.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
rib33024

1" down from the top of the fill hole is to much water, that is probably why they are leaking water, it's 2" inch's from the top of the fill hole, to the top of the lead plates on my Trojan batteries , and the water is suppose to be 1/4" above the plates, that means that you have 3/4" of a inch of water to much, what kind of batteries. I've seen this problem with interstate batteries, and yes it's time for new batteries, do a load test and see how far they are dropping to

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #5
eagant5
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
1" down from the top of the fill hole is to much water, that is probably why they are leaking water, it's 2" inch's from the top of the fill hole, to the top of the lead plates on my Trojan batteries , and the water is suppose to be 1/4" above the plates, that means that you have 3/4" of a inch of water to much, what kind of batteries. I've seen this problem with interstate batteries, and yes it's time for new batteries, do a load test and see how far they are dropping to

They are interstates. I'll load test them tonight.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
rib33024

i don't know why, but i've heard this alot here at BGW, about interstate batteries
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
eagant5
Getting Wild

Club Car

What about the battery reconditioner? Is it worth a shot or is that stuff just a scam? Must be a problem interstates have.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

My US Bats did that too, my current Trojans do not seam to sweat that much.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Are they all boiling over or just some of them? If they are that old, you may have 1 or 2 that are getting weaker than the others and they are causing the others to overcharge. Mine started doing that towards the end. I have new ones now and haven't had an issue.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Only refill batteries after charging. The level will rise and bubbling is normal during the end of the charge cycle.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car