lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #21
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 83 cc burning up battery posts and resistor

either 2 bad solenoids or 2 bad micro switches.......when you press the pedal can you hear all 5 micros? the faint clicks........you have found the problem though its either the solenoids or the micro,s or a combo of both................theres a good chance that the 2nd and 3ed solenoid from the left are bad....................follow the small wires that come off the solenoids and go into a box on the frame.....thats where the micro,s are and also make sure all wires are good not broken or rotted........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #22
rockreid@bellsouth.net
Not Yet Wild

Finally had time to get the manual out. Tested speed switch micro switches,solenoid activating coils, resistors and solenoid contacts according to the book. on the resistors, I get continuity on the 3rd one. The other two I don't, and they don't appear to be broken any where. Could be because they are old or because my tester is not sensitive enough? On the solenoid contact test no continuity on the master but I get it on all the rest. Does this mean all 4 are bad or just a couple in the middle. I have replaced #1 and 5.

Thanks
rockreid@bellsouth.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m guessing that if you still have just high speed i would replace the 3rd and 4th solenoid from the left and see where your at...........take a good look at the resistor coils for rust buildup where they are bolted down and make sure none of the coils are touching one another..............................
Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #24
rockreid@bellsouth.net
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply. There is some rust build up on the resistors where they attach to the solenoids. Will clean that off. thinking about switching some of the solenoids around and see what happens.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #25
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

let us know how it turns out.............................
Old 10-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #26
rockreid@bellsouth.net
Not Yet Wild

Ok, in my military mind I figure 4 out of 5 solenoids cannot be bad especially after I had replaced 2 in less than a year. So I took them out and got to thinking that most solenoids use less power to activate big power. I hook up 12 volts to the small post. 3 of the 5 vibrated a little with small click. the other 2 did nothing (#1 and #4 starting at drivers side). Then I got to thinking I needed more power. Took them over to a buddies cart and hooked them up to 36v. 1-4 all clicked loudly. Number 5 did nothing.

Since I have every thing apart, I'm going to replace all the small wires. The ends are rusted and I figure after 25 years it wouldn't hurt.

Also a lot of rust on the nuts of the resistors so cleaned those up and got a continuity reading across those.

The adventure continues, will keep posting. John
Old 11-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #27
bond007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

How big are your tires?
bond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #28
rockreid@bellsouth.net
Not Yet Wild

standard tires. since it goes so fast, I suspect it might be the wrong motor.
fed up with it, and I am taking it to the club car place.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car