lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT tail light template

Attached is a much better ezgo txt tail light template then the ones that usually come with the light kits these days.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ezgo txt tail light template.pdf (37.3 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO TXT tail light template

Thanks sc, that one does look better.

I cheated with mine. I got a rear body that came with the tail lights that was damaged and just cut off the rear fender quarters. Instant template :) Got both TXT and RXV front and rears now.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
TrickCart
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry to revive an old thread, but how did you like the full LED light kit on the TXT? I've seen them for sale everywhere but can't seem to find decent info (watt/amp draw, brightness,ect) or reviews. Thanks!
TrickCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just replaced my after market lights kit with led front and rear. They are much better then the usual deluxe kits. There are problems with both. The original ones were not bright enough to drive at night, the cars can see you but no road lightening. I added small spots aimed down to get that 40 ft in front of me and not blind drivers. The led rear turn, brake are nice and bright. The head lights are much much better for illuminating signs etc. That 40 ft, I still need the spots. I may be a little paranoid but I like to see what's on the road in front. The LEDs have a wide beam. My cart is lifted 6" with a long travel and if its on a cart not lifted, the ability to see the road would he much better. This was alot of wind on my part, but YES they are worth it. I had to change the flasher to a two blade electronic for the LEDs to work, they draw such low voltage or is that amps.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
TrickCart
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the review! I'm trying to decide between the regular Light kit with Halogen headlights and switch out the bulbs with aftermarket LED's or just go with the full LED kit from the beginning. I feel if I can replace the bulbs at any point on the regular kit, then I have a much broader selection of lighting options (halogens that suck, HID's like I have in everything else, or drop in LED bulbs). I just cant find anything to compare the brightness of the Deluxe LED kit too
TrickCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Don't think that you can swap bulbs on the deluxe light kit and gain much of anything. The reflector housings are absolutely horrible on those lights. The 13v LED replacement bulbs available today are also no better than the halogen 35w bulbs. There are HID options available, but I honestly don't know if that tiny housing can handle the heat that they generate.

I love the looks of the deluxe light kit, but have not been impressed in the least with their performance. I would really like to see the LED version in action to see if they are any better. I have been tempted to "upgrade" my light package, but it is a lot of money to spend for the results to be a surprise.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO