lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: She lives!!!! But still have ?s

You need to take some pics of the throttle operation. Sounds like the cable is too short or isn't hooked up properly. I hooked my stock cable directly to the carb, had to rig the end up a bit, but I get full throttle out of it. You could still be having a clutch issue, but I'd address the carb first, since you know you aren't getting full throttle travel.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #12
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

Well I checked the cable and it has the correct length. When I put peddle to the floor it is wide open
This a pic of the carb and cable
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (135.6 KB, 0 views)
Tormented96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If carb is good, cable is good, belt is good.....that leaves the following:

1. fuel flow, check fuel pump and filter
2. air filter, make sure is clean and intake clamps tight no leaks
3. reeds, make sure not dirty or stuck open/closed
4. clutch, disassemble clean and check for wear or broken parts

Either you are not getting power/rpms from the engine, or you aren't shifting. I'd go through this cart and make sure you know the overall condition of things. A good tune up might be in order?

Also, 40:1 is alot of oil. It shouldn't cause your problem, unless the plug is fouling out, which is a possibility. Check the plug for sure. If it's all black sooty and/or oily, it could be fouling out. I'd back off on the oil, go maybe 80:1. I've been running 120:1 lately, seems to run better than when I was at 85:1.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #14
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

When I got the cart didn't run so I started with a carb rebuild new fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel line, spark plug and a few grommets at the tank. After doing this had to prime the fuel line because it wasn't pulling the fuel after doing that she fired right up. I test drove it around the block a few times to get a feel for it. It has a either a ping or what sounds like a rattle at lite throttle. I checked the pulse line to see if how good the pulse is and it seemed pretty good, but of course that's with no load. Now when I rebuilt the carb I didn't adjust the air mix screw just to see what she would do. Now I have adjusted it 1 1/2 out but havnt had the time to run it at that setting.
As you can see in the pic I've got a return spring mounted on it because the one on the carb is Brocken, I'm kinda wondering if I've got an air leak there.
I checked the reeds for any damage or discoloration when I pulled the carb they looked good but of course that doesn't mean anything. I may just replace them just because.

Could the crank seals cause this type of issue?
Old 10-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #15
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

The only reason I'm running 40:1 right now is to lube things up since it sat for awhile and when I'm done with this tank I'll bump it up to a lower mix
Old 10-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #16
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

I just pulled the plug to see if it is fouling and surprised to see that it has a very light brown color to it I'll have to take a pic tonight but I think it is running to lean for 2 stroke
Old 10-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #17
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

Just got done messing with the mixture screw to see if it was just that keeping it from going full throttle but it wasn't. This is a pic of the plug after me doing with the carb still not looking like I think it should.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (87.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #18
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

The 2 things that I havnt checked are the crank seal and compression only because I keep forgetting my compression tester at work. But anyway I don't think that those things would cause this type of problem because when I was adjusting the mixture screw I got it to stumble when I went full throttle which is to much air plus even running 40:1 it's not smoking like a chimney

I'm stumped
Old 10-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #19
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

I just pulled the carb to check if the jet and the venture tube was clogged alittle but not and it is pulling plenty of fuel because the bowl was full.
If the reeds are stuck would that cause a half throttle?

As you can tell I'm not really knowligable about 2 strokes
Old 10-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Light brown is likely good, remember this is not a performance engine. Though the stock carb would be jetted for straight gas not mix, mix would lean it out a little. Usually they surge when lean. The idle mix only affects about 1/8 throttle opening and less.

Try removing the muffler from the cylinder so you have a really big leak there, it can be done without removing the muffler, and take a short test run. Could have retarded timing but not common, plugged muffler is very common on these.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha