lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
hotrodharley
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default primary clutch

have a 84 g1;;when i start off in cart i have to really rev it up to get it to engage and move;;sometimes[most time]it snaps so hard it breaks tires loose and breaks my neck[lol]i'm guessing it is in my primary clutch ;;i replaced step shoes and install hi torq sec. clutch spring and drive belt;;;
is there any special tools needed to work on primary clutch [if this is what is wrong]?????i need it to take off normal;;i will be using cart to tow my drag car up return road at drag strip;;should i buy a new primary clutch ?????is there any good theards on here or other sites that will walk me though working on or replacing primary clutch ?????
hotrodharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: primary clutch

Which clutch do you have? The all-cast one, or the stamped sheetmetal cover with 6 phillips screws?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: primary clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodharley View Post
have a 84 g1;;when i start off in cart i have to really rev it up to get it to engage and move;;sometimes[most time]it snaps so hard it breaks tires loose and breaks my neck[lol]i'm guessing it is in my primary clutch ;;i replaced step shoes and install hi torq sec. clutch spring and drive belt;;;
is there any special tools needed to work on primary clutch [if this is what is wrong]?????i need it to take off normal;;i will be using cart to tow my drag car up return road at drag strip;;should i buy a new primary clutch ?????is there any good theards on here or other sites that will walk me though working on or replacing primary clutch ?????
I have one for sale if you are interested?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...g1-clutch.html

If you have the older style clutch like this one, it could be a problem with your weights. Has the clutch ever worked for you?

To remove the clutch you'll need the removal tool, it's like $30-$40 but well worth it. I think I've used mine a dozen times already, maybe more. But I'd pop if off there and take it apart and see what you have. Post some pics.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha