lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
sniper2478
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 EZ GO RXV ELEC. Accelator delay Help

Thank you for taking my question. I purchased a 2011 EZ GO RXV 48 volt cart 2 weeks ago. I started to notice a delay when you press the accelator, forward and reverse is exactly the same. I think it could be the Accelator Pedal Switch, I say that because I notice that I dont always hear the selonoid when engaging the pedal. When I do hear the selonoid the cart reacts as it should. Once moving the cart doesnt hesitate and functions flawlessly with no slowing on hills or lack of performance. Trojan batteries and all cables are perfect, just some extra information. I purchased an aftermarket Accelator Pedal Switch and when I went to install it, noticed that the after market switch was far too short to make proper contact with the pedal. Lesson learned there. I re-installed the original factory part. Needless to say it is much worse and I am certain will soon faill all together, if indeed I am even correct at the source of the problem. Any advice or help would be much appreciated. I can answer any question about guns, but am not too sharp when it comes to electronics. Thank you in advance for your time.
sniper2478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 EZ GO RXV ELEC. Accelator delay Help

Hi snapper and weclome to bgw. I suggest you to remove you gaz pedal, clean all the contact and lubrified it, because my rxv was doing the same thing and now it's good,, i hope it will work for you
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #3
sniper2478
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Jd62,
I guess it cannot hurt to also replace the switch seeing as I have ordered one anyways while I am in there. Funny thing is that the replacement pedal switch I just received from EZGO is about 1/2" shorter than the one that was installed into the cart when it was built in 2011. Am I being a complete anus here? I had ordered one that was an aftermarket, when I went to bolt it into place, it would not even contact the accelator pedal because of it being too short. Well I 2 day express shipped the factory EZGO Accelator Pedal Switch and viola the same exact switch that was too short. It's aggrevating to say the least. There are two hex head machine screws that hold that switch into place and provide contact to the shoe of the pedal. I mean why the hell make a part that is obviously too short? I build Long Range Tactical Rifles, so I am not a Golf Cart Technician by any means. I just thought some good common sense might go a long ways. Guess who's wrong. Again thank you for your time sir. Much appreciated. And of yeah, sorry but you cant get back the time you have wasted reading my rant, so I owe you one. Thank you
sniper2478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:58 AM   #4
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey, sniper i see you enjoy working on your cart ! So now does it run properly ?
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #5
cashfive
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Leave it alone. The take off acceleration forward or reverse is from the controller. Get ready to spend some money if you can't live with it. signed These are weird carts
cashfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO