lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #11
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Re: No beeper, no click, no anything

I have the gauge in the last pic. OK here is what I found I do have an Alltrax controller and the solenoid on it says rodgers white on the white stiker with a bunch of numbers that was hard to read. It was so windy that I couldn't get it out of the shed without freezing so I was in the low light of the shed but what I did find is with the key on I have battery voltage to both small terminals of the solenoid and the big one to the inside. Both in the forward and reverse switch positions. With the key in the off position I only have fire to the big inside terminal. Those conditions and the fact that I have no click is it as simple as a solenoid that is burned out? I would like to thank all who have welcomed me to this site and offered the help for someone who has worked on wheeled and track type things for 30++ years sometimes even the simplest things escape me[and I hope others too]. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No beeper, no click, no anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
I have the gauge in the last pic. OK here is what I found I do have an Alltrax controller and the solenoid on it says rodgers white on the white stiker with a bunch of numbers that was hard to read. It was so windy that I couldn't get it out of the shed without freezing so I was in the low light of the shed but what I did find is with the key on I have battery voltage to both small terminals of the solenoid and the big one to the inside. Both in the forward and reverse switch positions. With the key in the off position I only have fire to the big inside terminal. Those conditions and the fact that I have no click is it as simple as a solenoid that is burned out? I would like to thank all who have welcomed me to this site and offered the help for someone who has worked on wheeled and track type things for 30++ years sometimes even the simplest things escape me[and I hope others too]. Jim
No pictures attached.

With the Run/Tow switch in RUN, Keyswitch ON and F/R in either F or R, you will have battery pack voltage (B+) on one large terminal and both small terminals. (If the solenoid coil was burned out, you would only have B+ on one small terminal.)

When you press the throttle pedal down far enough to close the contacts in the pedal switch, the controller will ground the small terminal with the Blue wire on it, the solenoid will energize and you will now have B+ on one small terminal (the one with the yellow wire attached) and both large terminals.

Is the Green Led on the controller coming on steady? (It will blink four times when controller first powers up, indicating it is set for an ITS type throttle)

The controller has to be on to energize solenoid or beep the beeper. Either the controller isn't being turned on, or it is bad.

The first schematic has the solenoid activation circuit highlighted and the second is the untouched version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX in PDS - B+ to solenoid and Pedal Switch.JPG (203.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DCX in PDS.JPG (162.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO