lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #21
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Plowman's upgrade

Beverage control is key.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #22
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The g29 rides better than my club car it takes bumps better.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #23
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

What are the mods to the air box? I've got a G22, just cleaned the carb and installed a Yamaha "lifted" cart jet. Runs great with just the prefilter in the air box. Put the OEM filter in and it runs like krap. I think I need the free flowing air filter, at the very least...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:56 AM   #24
duramax
Gone Wild

don told me it is important to have the correct air flow & jet or you will run hot & burn a valve. he said it may run good other ways but may not be safe for the engine. it must be tuned for your alitude
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #25
jeffv7727
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I installed a Plowmans upgrade to a new G29 with 3in lift and 23x9.5 street radials this past week. We drilled six 1/2 holes in the bottom of the air box. There is a restrictor between the air filter and the secondary air box that you widen out as well as removing the horn that restricts airflow down into the carb. We installed new jets and gauze air filter received from Don as well.
We also disabled governor and adjusted play from throttle linkage.
We did initial speed tests with stock belt and were getting 26.5 on GPS.
When I switched to Plowmans belt the speed dropped to 21. I called Don and he stated that this is normal until belt is broken in. He was right! A half hour of running up and down the street and I am already up to 25 MPH and the low end is awesome. This thing will climb ditch banks that I thought would stall it out with no problem. All in all I am very happy with the results and imagine it will get better as motor gets broke in.
jeffv7727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #26
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Jeffy send don both your front and rear clutches and i guarantee you will be in high cotton. The difference is amazing. Enough power to pull the front tires off the ground.

Btw i have done the exact same mods as jeffy and bypassed governor as well and 26.5 is my speed on gps. Ive got alot more hours on my plowmans belt than jeffy but his will get faster as th belt breaks in more. Gonna do the clutch mods next on the list.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #27
jeffv7727
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Actually, Don told me the 2012.5 and newer carts already have a pretty good clutch system and should not need replaced. So, I am holding off on those for now. I will look forward to your results!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #28
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Yes the 2012.5 and up have good clutching for stock sized tires and hopefully soon i can report how his clutch mods turn out on my 2013 with lift kit and 22" tires. The primary is fine the secondary will get new helix, spring, and sheeve. Should have excellent bottom and mid range.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #29
dbmachine
Gone Wild

What year is your cart jeffy??
Old 04-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #30
jeffv7727
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

New 2012.5 holdover. Dealer has several locations and some how this one got lost in the mix.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha