lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #11
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oil

if you are near a blanes farm and fleet store,, there full syn, is around ,or below 3 bucks a qt... I use it in everything,, its made by citco,, ges who makes mobil one;;;;;;;;;;;???????????????
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Oh Oh Oh, pick me! Is it haliburton?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #13
cgtech

Yamaha

Monsanto?

If ya cant take a joke, its too serious!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #14
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am just wondering if oil companies do the same thing as, other products,, same product different label on the can;;;;;;;;; they also change the name and price, that way they can sell to people who have money and those who don't,, one example is Keystone beer,,, made in Gloden col. bu coors brewing co... its coors at half the price, side by side they taste the same;;;; any way I wonder about the syn, oil market,,, by the way CG;; I have learned a lot from you about carts,, what is the best Quiet drive belt for a G16??or is there any way to dress them,, mine wants to glase from time to time, I take it off and sand it,, there is no;; oil on it at all and both clutches are free..???
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

If you are talking about the sound when coasting to a stop, or trying to push the cart, they are all about the same. I have never seen a belt that is quiet in those circumstances.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:07 AM   #16
PESCADO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I use RP.
PESCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:43 AM   #17
Tinken
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

M1 here and in all my racing engines as well. There is plenty of Zinc dialkyldithiophosphate in the Mobil1 oils and does not need to be added.

Mobil1 Product Guide
Tinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:54 AM   #18
07trail
Not Yet Wild

Here is why I use Brad Penn and from their web site, we use it because we are running LS engine with turbo's and HP ranging from 800-1300 HP to the rear wheels on chassis dyno's. Can't have to much Zinc for metal to metal wear specially under high pressure. Not stiring the pot and everyone has their own oil preference and what they have used over the years.
Here's a pic of my old car that I sold 85% done and it took drag week last year for fastest V6. Owner let's me drive it from time to time.

The Brad Penn® Penn Grade 1® High Performance Oils contain the higher level of anti-wear (ZDDP – zinc dialkyldithiophosphate) and enhanced film strength so critical to proper high performance engine protection. The Penn-Grade 1® oils “typical” 1,500 ppm Zinc (Zn) and 1340-1400 ppm Phosphorus (P) content provide the needed anti-wear protection to critical engine parts, such as piston/cylinder walls, roller cams under heavy valve spring pressure and especially those that employ a solid “flat tappet” type system. As important as the chemistry is to the Penn-Grade 1® oils, it is by no means the whole story. The unique base oil cut used to refine the Penn-Grade 1® High Performance Oils maintain a tremendous affinity to metal surfaces. This naturally occurring “metal wetting” characteristic enables the oil to stay put on your highly stressed engines and makes the Penn-Grade 1® High Performance Oil resist slinging for an extended period of time. Also, rest assured in knowing that the Penn-Grade 1® High Performance Oils are 100% Made in the USA.

ZDDP LAB RESULTS

We have seen the question arise on a number of chat rooms and websites about the amount of Zinc and Phosphorus in our Penn Grade 1 High Performance Oils. The questions seem to have arose after a number of people individually sent samples of our products to Blackstone Lab(s) for analysis. The Blackstone report showed a lower Zinc and Phosphorus additive concentration level then our established in house specifications and laboratory results from our ISO 9001:2008 quality control lab proved.

In an effort to clarify any misconception about our product we did our own testing and sent three virgin oil samples (each from the same identical batch) to both Blackstone Lab and Southwest Research Lab for testing. All three Southwest sample results were completely in line with our internal specifications/analysis. The Blackstone zinc and phosphorus results in all three analysis were lower than our internal specifications/analysis and Southwest Research’s lab results. The results for both the Blackstone and Southwest Research analysis are listed below:

Brad Penn Product Blackstone Southwest Research

Penn Grade 1 zinc 1,214 ppm zinc 1,540 ppm
20W-50 #7119 phos 944 ppm phos 1,319 ppm

Penn Grade 1 zinc 1,424 ppm zinc 1,565 ppm
10W-30 #7150 phos 1,139 ppm phos 1,332 ppm

Brad Penn PCMO zinc 689 ppm zinc 1,051 ppm
20W-50 SJ #7123* phos 522 ppm phos 901 ppm

*In some cases we feel our PCMO SAE 20W-50 was sent in for analysis (and not the High Performance Oil SAE 20W-50) which does contain lower Zinc and Phosphorous additive concentration levels.

The difference in results between Blackstone and SRI can be explained by a difference in methodology in analyzing the samples and not differences in the formulation. Blackstone employed measurement techniques more generally employed in analyzing used oils, while SRI employed methods more usually utilized for new multigrade engine oils. The samples provided to both labs were new oils. New oils that have not been subjected to shear often require higher dilution rates in the elemental analysis measured by ICP (Inductively Coupled Plasma) as indicated in method ASTM D5185.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg track3 8-24-13.jpg (116.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Bustang burnout.JPG (52.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg award.jpg (97.3 KB, 0 views)
07trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha