lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #21
alwaysinagm
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS Slower after Alltrax Install

OK, got it all done. ScottyB - checked everywhere along all the routings - no wire damage anywhere. Everything checks out, green LED. Set up the settings on the controller 'Plumquick friendly' - no turbo and no regen. Cart runs fine, BUT...still a very low top speed.

SO, I used the monitor tab of the Alltrax ControllerPRO software to log a drive around the block, logging all available parameters to a file. Turns out, even when floored, the throttle percentage being received/perceived by the controller never even hits 60%. It shows 51% to 56% when I'm holding it to the floor. This makes me feel better that the motor and controller are hooked up right, but now I have to figure out why the low throttle signal. I took the floor mat up and opened up the ITS box. Clean and dry. Checked spacing, and I can't quite get the recommended 17/64" drill bit in there, but it is flush at the back when I hold the petal to the floor, so shouldn't it be getting a WOT signal???

A little lost here as to why I'm not getting a WOT response out of the ITS -- especially since the cart ran faster with the OEM 350A controller than it runs now.

Hoping for a little help from the experts PLEASE. Thanks in advance.
alwaysinagm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2014, 03:54 AM   #22
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I mentioned checking throttle programming way back in post #6. You can easily adjust it so 60% throttle = 100% throttle inside the alltrax.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #23
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Isn't a PDS ITS supposed to use a 7/32" drill bit, while the non-PDS uses a 17/64" drill bit?
Or, is that only for older PDS carts?
Chuck
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #24
alwaysinagm
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I mentioned checking throttle programming way back in post #6. You can easily adjust it so 60% throttle = 100% throttle inside the alltrax.
Thanks SC. Your post is why I looked at the ITS. I'm a newb, so you'll have to excuse me, but I'm not sure how to adjust it. I'll have to look into it how to use a custom profile tonight (easy is a relative term!). I assumed that as long as EZGo ITS was selected, the controller would know what to do with the ITS output.

As far as the spacer (drill bit) cdressel, as long as the plunger is flush at the back of the ITS at full pedal, shouldn't it be getting a WOT output??
alwaysinagm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I suspect SC is thinking about the throttle programming features of a SPM controller rather than a DCX.
With a DCX, you can program it to interpret 100% throttle as 60% (or other lower value), but you cannot get it to increase a lesser percent up to 100%.
(That is what the Top Speed slider does - for max speed it should be all the way to the right at 100%)

Verify that the field map is correct. Should be #4 for a PDS motor - Unless PQ suggests something different.
Verify that throttle type is ITS. LED blinks green four times before turning steady green when controller powers up.

If both of these are good, measure the voltage between the black and white throttle input wires to the controller.
Pedal up should be 10V.
Pedal down should be 6V.
If you don't get mighty close to those two values, you have an ITS issue.

IE: If the pedal down voltage is 8.0V, the controller is only seeing the pedal being halfway down, or about 50% on the data log.

BTW: Check the in-line connector between the pedal box and the cart's wiring harness. A dirty connection could cause the problem you are experiencing.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #26
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

While it is easy to adjust the SPM throttle values it is almost as easy to adjust the DCX throttle curve itself in the Alltrax software. Simply click on the curves graph and drag where you want the curve if I remember right.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
While it is easy to adjust the SPM throttle values it is almost as easy to adjust the DCX throttle curve itself in the Alltrax software. Simply click on the curves graph and drag where you want the curve if I remember right.
Yes, you can change the shape of the response curve, but that does not change the values for pedal all the way up and pedal all the way down, just what is in between those two points.

With a DCX controller, no matter what the throttle response curve is, or what the throttle up rate is, if the pedal is held on the floor more than a few seconds, the data log file should show Throttle Position of 100%.

With a SPM controller, you can compensate for a throttle input that is out of the nominal range, but you cannot with a DCX (or AXE).
Old 09-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think what Johnnie is trying to say is that on a DCX or AXE (older technology) you cannot drag the end point closer to the start point, therefore compensating for throttle signal not reaching it's full potential.
The SPM control has this endpoint movement feature which offers complete customization. This is the feature we are waiting for in the new SPB (sepex) Control from Alltrax so that we can finally compensate for the !?#*@ Club Car throttle input
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yep. That is what I was trying to say.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can however selct from 3 or 4 different pre-loaded throttle algorithms. You may find that one does work better than the next. Did you ever try reducing the regen to 0%? Just curious on that point. Turbo on - right?

Another Q
What are the rpms for that motor on your voltage?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO