lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
rbul1
Not Yet Wild

Default unidentified button

I have recently acquired an EZGO PDS cart and am still learning about it.

I see a button on the vertical panel at the seat front, pretty much centered in the panel.

It looks as though it could be a horn button but produces no result, also everything I read talks about floor buttons for horns.

Can you tell me what this button was intended to be?
rbul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
yellow36vpds
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: unidentified button

rbul1,

Typically what you are describing is a plastic plug installed from inside the body. Raise the seat and see if there is anything but a black plastic plug there. If there is, follow the wires as someone could have installed some sort of momentary switch or light switch. Strange, but it could happen.

Good luck!

Welcome to BGW!!!
yellow36vpds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The same body is used for Series and PDS carts and the direction selector lever for a Series cart protrudes through a hole in the body by the driver's right knee. The direction selector for a PDS cart is a Rocker switch on the dash next to the keyswitch and the hole by the driver's knee has a rubber plug in it.

Some PDS owners remove the plug and install a lighter outlet, or a switch for some purpose or other, in the hole.

If there is something other than a blank plug in the hole, it is something a previous owner has added and about the only way to find out its purpose, is to trace the wires to wherever they go to.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #4
onebadstang08
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The same body is used for Series and PDS carts and the direction selector lever for a Series cart protrudes through a hole in the body by the driver's right knee. The direction selector for a PDS cart is a Rocker switch on the dash next to the keyswitch and the hole by the driver's knee has a rubber plug in it.

Some PDS owners remove the plug and install a lighter outlet, or a switch for some purpose or other, in the hole.

If there is something other than a blank plug in the hole, it is something a previous owner has added and about the only way to find out its purpose, is to trace the wires to wherever they go to.
New to carting and have been wondering what that plug was for. Sure would be a great location for some kind of switch in the future.
onebadstang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My vote is plug filling the FWD/REV lever hole on a PDS cart. It is the current location of my auxiliary stereo input. I found a 3.5mm socket to RCA adapter that fit perfectly. Since the amp is under the seat, the wiring was convenient as well.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO