lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
EatMyPants
Not Yet Wild

Default Disk Brake help

hey guys, there's alot of disk brake kits on the market. i have a caroche and am tired of the continueious issues i have with the stock mercury braking system. does anyone know of a disk brake kit for the DS that is for the front and uses cables instead of hydraulics? that i can try to adapt to the caroche? and if anyone has put disk brakes on a caroche can i see pictures and a brief discription of how you modded them?

thanks,
-Rob
EatMyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
dogwooddan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Disk Brake help

I've got the same questions. Looking for a way to upgrade the brakes. I see everyone discussing how bad they are but havent found anyone who upgraded them...
dogwooddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Triumph_Tech
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The Club Car Pathway carts have a drum brake set up that was originally used on some of their utility carts, that may be easy conversion using stock Club Car parts and DS spindles.
Triumph_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
dogwooddan
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to tear down one side of this cart and take it to a CC dealer and see what they have used or what we can pull together to make this thing stop. I'll ask them abut the pathway crossover idea
dogwooddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
Triumph_Tech
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Club Car used manual cable actuated brakes on the front of some of their Utility carts like the Carry-all and the Six Passenger Limo carts. Have the dealer look in the parts book for one of these carts for the exploded diagram of this system, should answer a lot of your questions. I have one of the Pathway carts ( one of the GM/Club Car street legal EVs) and had to repair the front brakes when I got it so I know the parts do exist.
Triumph_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a set of front brakes off of a pathway cart I would sale you if you're interested. I'm missing the drums but I have everything else. Cables, spindles, shoes. I put a All-sports lift kit under my pathway and I had to do away with my front brakes. These brakes are in almost new condition, send me a pm if you want to make a deal.
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car