lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
texastom1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G1 Only Runs with full choke and full Throttle

I just purchased a 1983 Yamaha G1 and it looks like it is pretty good shape. The problem is that it wouldn't start with out using starting fluid, so I took the carb off and cleaned it completely with carb cleaner including removing all the jets and adjustment screws and cleaned them making sure I could see daylight through each hole. Then I adjusted the float so it stops the flow when the float is just at level. Then I took the fuel pump off and took it apart and cleaned it out. Everything seems to work as it should. Then I put it all back together and set the mixture to 1 1/2 turns out. Then it started with the choke pulled out fully. I took it for a short ride and it has all kinds of power, but it only runs at full throttle and with the choke out all the way. I took the fuel line off and turned it over with the starter and only a little fuel came out. When it started and revved up a lot of fuel came out, so I assume the pump is working OK. I then ran a new fuel line from the fuel input of the carb to a extra gas can so the gas would flow by gravity into the carb. I wanted to see if it made any difference in the way it ran and it didn't. I had plugged the fuel line coming from the pump with a bolt and I did notice that gas was pushing out of the fuel line past the bolt so I think the fuel pump is working good since it seems to have enough pressure to push it's way out. I am at a loss as to why it won't run unless the choke is on and it only runs full out. If I let off of the gas to say half peddle it starts spitting and sputtering and then dies. By the way I did disconnect the black and white wire so it will idle. I did notice that if I hold the choke out I can let off of the gas pedal and it will stay running at it's fastest rpm's or at least as fast as the governor will let it. I have adjusted the mixture screw in and out to as little as a 1/2 a turn out to as much as 4 turns out without much change in the way it runs. Any help would very much be appreciated.
Thanks for looking,
Tom
texastom1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
won't run slow, yamaha g1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha