lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 02 DS orange lite comes on and cart stops- then goes when lite goes out

This is a a 2002 club car DS IQ . Number starts with "CQ". Cart was sitting for about a year with bad batteries.

I installed new trojans and new cables about a week ago. Cart will charge fine and runs fine most of the time. Here is the problem :

Everyonce in awhile , very intermittent, while driving the orange battery lite will come on for about 5 or 6 seconds, and the cart will coast, until the lite goes out.
Sometimes this happens going over a bump, sometimes while driving on a flat pavement. It doesn't happen everytime, but depending on distance traveled, might kick in 5 or 6 times.

I checked all motor wires, mcor wires, obc wires, battery wires, and controller wires, nothing is loose. Everything is very clean and tight.

So when the lite comes on, the cart will coast until the lite comes back on. Also, you don't need to do anything in particular to get the lite to go out, it will go out after 5 seconds and you can drive normal again.

Anyone had this before?

Also, in my title i said cart stops, it does not stop rolling, the electric system shuts down.

Last edited by smokey tennis shoe; 06-25-2016 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: mistake in wording in title.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2016, 12:05 PM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 02 DS orange lite comes on and cart stops- then goes when lite goes out

Do the old reliable "OBC Reset" for starters
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:12 PM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 02 DS orange lite comes on and cart stops- then goes when lite goes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Do the old reliable "OBC Reset" for starters

Click...>>> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tting-obc.html
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:03 PM   #4
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

And if that doesn't work temporary bypass the OBC.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #5
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

So, even though the cart is running fine, and charging fine, a obc reset could actually help?

I don't understand given the fact it is running, what the actual resetting will do? I have not heard of resetting if it is running?

Please educate me? thank you.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
So, even though the cart is running fine
It is not running fine otherwise you wouldn't have had a question. I suspect it is the charging circuit lockout causing problems. That was the reason for the suggestion to bypass the OBC and reset the OBC. The battery light is controlled by the OBC.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:55 PM   #7
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok, i will try both things, resetting first.

If the reset doesn't help, then i will attempt a bypass. When i do the bypass, do i need to run the charge recept negative and gray wire, to the mainpack negative? Or is that procedure just for the charging system bypass?

what is the second bypass procedure, the part that is not for charging, but for the running of the cart?
Old 06-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to unplug the six pin connector from the OBC and jumper the two wires together. Which two are in the stickys. Glancing through the archives I see you done this before. After thoughts. You won't see the battery light anymore with this unplugged. And it wouldn't hurt to clean the plug with contact cleaner
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car