lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
Tinman7777
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 TXT power issue

I just bought a totally redone 2002 ezgo txt 36volt golfcart. Brand new batteries, 3 inch lift, bigger rims and tires, new paint, custom dash, etc. It is really sweet. I was driving it the other day for about an hour after having on the charger for over 24 hours and had a problem. I was on some soft ground going up a very slight hill and I got stuck on a root. It was a very small root that was maybe 2 inches around and for some reason my tire just would not go over it! When I hit the gas, the motor did not even engage. No clicking noise that accompanies the motor engaging. I was stuck, not moving at all! Had to push the cart over to root. Then the cart moved further up the incline until I got stuck on ANOTHER small root! Pushed the cart over that and got back out into a field with grass. I was going up a small incline and then the cart stopped AGAIN in a small ditch that the tire went in. When I say ditch, I mean a very small hole that I would not have even noticed had I not been stuck in it! This time, I pushed the cart backwards and went around the small ditch. I then drove the 15 minutes back to home. The ride home included me going up 2 hills that were hardpacked dirt. The cart also went full speed all the way back home.
I called the guy I bought it from and he said it was because the batteries were dead. They are brand new and I only drove it for an hour. He said that the bigger tires makes it harder to move the cart and would therefore drain faster especially on softer ground. I have had other older carts with old batteries that I drove on the exact same paths that would last for 8 - 10 hours. What could be wrong here?
Tinman7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 02 TXT power issue

A battery pack holds 90 - 100 minutes of average run time. Like your guy said... big tires, soft footing, hills, stuck, all adds up to increased drain PLUS PLUS new batteries are not a full capacity until many cycles. Cycles which should be shallow drain and recharge not gut wrenching drawdown marathons.
You paid good money for those batteries learn how to break em in properly.

And 8 hours on a charge is fuzzy math - it just isn't 8 hours of pedal time.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
Tinman7777
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
A battery pack holds 90 - 100 minutes of average run time. Like your guy said... big tires, soft footing, hills, stuck, all adds up to increased drain PLUS PLUS new batteries are not a full capacity until many cycles. Cycles which should be shallow drain and recharge not gut wrenching drawdown marathons.
You paid good money for those batteries learn how to break em in properly.

And 8 hours on a charge is fuzzy math - it just isn't 8 hours of pedal time.
Thank you for your input! What would be the best way to break in these new batteries? You said shallow drain but what exactly does that mean? Any good advice is welcome.
Tinman7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:51 AM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Battery break in.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO