lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Rear Seat Pad and Cover ideas?

Ok guys,
Bought this cart with this rear seat set up...I believe it was from Cabela's or Bass Pro shop's. I think it was for a rhino. Anyway, the cover was tissue paper thin camo, and the padding was crap. Tossed it! I started by cutting a piece of plywood for the back support but am looking for ideas to pad and cover the back and bottom...Comments and ideas much appreciated! Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S6300194.jpg (100.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg S6300195.jpg (92.6 KB, 46 views)
Rockboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
WGW Foods
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear Seat Pad and Cover ideas?

We recover the seat on our cart with foam rubber and vinyl from Wal Mart. Just cut to size and stapeled to the new plywood. Good Luck
WGW Foods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Recovered the front seat on my Marathon with some funky material we bought at a fabric store. I sprayed 3M Super 77 spray adhesive all over the seat & stapled it under the plywood & it has worked great. If you can sew, cut the corners & sew them off so you don't have any extra material gathered at the corners.
It's an easy project. Use stainless staples & an air staple gun (think Harbor Freight) & it's even easier.
Good luck.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:13 AM   #4
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Guys! I'll take a look around and see whats out there..
Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Cheesy
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Be sure to run a soft disc grinder or sander over the edges of your plywood to take off the sharp edges. When cutting your foam, leave 1/4 past the plywood, to help soften the edges. Invest in an electric staple gun ($10-$15), it is well worth it! Personally, I wouldn't use the 3M adheisive, as your goal is to stretch the vinyl, and not the foam. You just want the foam to compress enough that it retains it's shape after your body weight is off of it. You could use the adheisive to secure the foam onto the plywood though. Not necessary, but an option. There should be no need to cut and sew the vinyl to avoid creases, if it is pulled, and secured correctly. It is definetely an art, but can be obtained with a little patients. I can try to explain my proceedure if you would like. It may be a little lengthy, and confusing though. I plan on building my rear (bag well) seat this weekend. Perhaps I should snap numerous pictures, and do a nice write up, to be "stickied". Hahaha... It almost angers me when I see seats with folds, creases, and wrinkles in the vinyl,lol
Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I went to a hole in the wall upolstery shop, not a fabric store. Even though it was a hole in the wall, they pumped the business out of that place. When they do a job and order the vinyl they order the big roll and charge that customer for all of it so what he had there was "paid for".

I walked in that place and there was three rooms full of everything kind you could ever think of to pick from. I just went basic white for now until I get serious about paint etc. My cart didn't even have a seat when I got it lol

He sold more then enough material to do all my seats, plus more then enough foam to do all the seats for $30. He even told me how to do it since they had done so many of them. He also told me when I got ready to do some custom ones to come back and he would do it for me CHEAP. Look around good for a deal
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I will be redoing my seats soon. Any pics or a write up would be greatly appreciated.
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Joann Fabrics always has a 40% off coupon in Sundays paper. Marine grade vinyl comes in 54" wide. Reg $12.99 40% off $7.79 a yard. Here is a link. http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...RODID=prd23669
I will not be sewing the corners. Very interested in seeing how to stretch and tuck to avoid crease & wrinkles.
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Cheesy,
I would be very interested in learning how to "stretch" the corners...Thanks!
Old 02-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #10
Cheesy
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'll be sure to document my seat build for those of you that would like to see. I'll aim to have it posted Sunday evening.
Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center