lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Turn Signal Wiring Help

i want to add turn signals to my cart, but dont want the $100.00 price tag. what i want to do is just use a on-off-on switch, and 2 seperate flashers.. the problem is theres only 2 wires on my taillights one for brakes, and one for running lights. how do i wire the signals in with the brake lights?? any help appreciated. mabie something with diodes? just need some guidence
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Livinlife
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Turn Signal Wiring Help

Have not tried this yet...but the old truck flasher set up should work. Might look wierd but shoud work.
Livinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You simply add a flasher relay through your brake light circuit wiring via your switch. This will cause the appropriate brake light to blink when the relay makes and breaks contact with it. I will post a wiring diagram when I get a chance but google it in the mean time.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
chachi44089
Getting Wild

On Ebay they have add-on turn signals pretty cheap..I used one and it works great. You will need to buy a flasher relay, but they are cheap too and you can pick one up at your local auto part store.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...Q5fAccessories
chachi44089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
Livinlife
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'll just use the o'll hand signals......
Livinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #6
dragula
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
You simply add a flasher relay through your brake light circuit wiring via your switch. This will cause the appropriate brake light to blink when the relay makes and breaks contact with it. I will post a wiring diagram when I get a chance but google it in the mean time.

Chris.
Could you post this ? Thank's !!
dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:23 AM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turn-signal1.htm

Does this help explain it for you ? Sorry I took so long to post the link

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
vzdude
Gone Wild

That only works if you have a separate turn bulb, invalid. What I opted for is a truck turn signal switch. Bought it at NAPA for $38. Very easy to wire up. Get a three terminal flasher, for about 4 bucks, and it clamps to the steering column. Part number is a Signal Stat 900. Google it for a cheaper price maybe!
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #9
dragula
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzdude View Post
That only works if you have a separate turn bulb, invalid. What I opted for is a truck turn signal switch. Bought it at NAPA for $38. Very easy to wire up. Get a three terminal flasher, for about 4 bucks, and it clamps to the steering column. Part number is a Signal Stat 900. Google it for a cheaper price maybe!
I've seen those . I was trying to get a wiring diagram to use a toggle switch instead of something that clamps to the column. I'm doing this on a hot rod not a golf cart. Painless wiring has a deal that is about 160.00 dollars . They emailed me a diagram 15 yrs. ago to do it with diodes and a circuit board , but I don't want to get into all that. I've had it wired up with an extra bulb in the housing and now I'm redoing it and was just wanting to clean it up a little. Thank's Brian
dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
vzdude
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragula View Post
I've seen those . I was trying to get a wiring diagram to use a toggle switch instead of something that clamps to the column. I'm doing this on a hot rod not a golf cart. Painless wiring has a deal that is about 160.00 dollars . They emailed me a diagram 15 yrs. ago to do it with diodes and a circuit board , but I don't want to get into all that. I've had it wired up with an extra bulb in the housing and now I'm redoing it and was just wanting to clean it up a little. Thank's Brian
You can do it with the flasher set up similar to what invalid posted, but you would need 2 flashers and 2 switches. Otherwise both sides will flash when you turn the switch on. That would be the cheapest and easiest way to do it. Otherwise, I think you'd be trying to reinvent the wheel by making your own switch.
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car