lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
taynes
Not Yet Wild

Default Headlight Problem with 2008 Tomb emerge

The headlights on my Emerge E4 stopped working. I have checked fuses in the fuse block and the bulbs. What else do I need to check before taking it in for a service call?
taynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2015, 07:33 AM   #2
tom c
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Headlight Problem with 2008 Tomb emerge

headlights & tail lights on my 2008 e-merge suddenly stopped working. wondering where the fuse is located
tom c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If your tail lights still work I suggest you check the light switch for a loose/broken wire. Also check the common ground wire connection from the headlights.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #4
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Talking Re: Headlight Problem with 2008 Tomb emerge

I've got a loose wire somewhere. My left headlight will flicker then go out but comes back on with a good smack to the fender
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like you are right. I lean towards a loose ground wire. Start at the back of the light with the lights on and move each wire to see if the ;light blinks or goes out. You may have to pull the light fixture to fix. I suggest you set your brake, jack up the left front and pull the left front wheel off to give you plenty of room. I have seen bulbs do this as they get older and are ready to burn out also. I can't recall the color codes as to the positive/ground wires but will see if I can find the codes. I take it that the right light is OK.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #6
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The light cable has a plug in about 15/18 inches behind. the main cable also feeds over to the right headlight so I don't think the problem goes beyond the plug connector. The light fixture is held by 4 Philip screws from the back side. I think there are 3 wires to the light fixture3 go to headlight bulb, one of these should be ground, the others high & low beam. If you pull the fixture you might clean the bulb contact points real good as well. All this is from memory so I think ground is Brown (brown/white on right side.). Meanwhile reach up to back of light fixture where wires go in and wiggle them with the lights on to see if you have a blink. I have a 2012 Emerge and working with 2010 mntce. manual. Along with being color blind!!! So good luck. Post your results please.

Last edited by dcannow; 09-01-2015 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 09-02-2015, 05:12 AM   #7
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Wow thanks. I've got a 2008 so no high beam option. Will pull apart this weekend and try to find the problem.
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlight
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin