lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2016, 09:55 PM   #21
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: >1 mph F or R - Fully Charged Help

sounds like i have a plan then, thanks to all for the help. Going to be making a call to the repair shop about this one though, it worked perfectly fine before i dropped it off to have diagnostics ran.
LSU MykuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #22
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Update: I installed the new brake and the cart operated as normal. The repair shop performed the speed upgrade with the programmer and i was able to clock the cart at 25mph via iphone app. All was well for a few test runs at top speed approximately a mile total distance. Then the cart began to shutter at high speed, almost like the brake is intermittently engaging slightly. It slowly became more frequent but not continuous the entire drive. I haven't charged it in a while honestly, its been a few weeks while i repaired it and then did the test drive. Can someone reassure me that this is a simple low battery function or is this more serious? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

FYI, the cart now have a brand new bearing encoder and brake installed.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:08 AM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ouch! Sounds like a compromised wire harness. Put the rear on jack stands, jiggle the wires near the motor to see if you can replicate the issue.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 07:30 AM   #24
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, I'll mess with it after we eat today. Question, if it is a simple harness problem, would it be stupid to snip out the harness and soldier the wires directly together?
Old 11-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

The only fix I have seen sometimes work is unwrapping the back half of the harness, clean clean clean, I spray them with coating like clear coat, then re wrap. Your on the lookout for grainy, salty looking stuff on the wire insulation, it leaches through the insulation making a conductive path between the wires.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #26
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How will the cart act when the batteries are really low or almost dead? Will there be a slow decrease in speed or just all the sudden dead?

I think my charger is on the fritz too, charged other cart with one charger and was full this morning. My cart with different charger was still blinking green after 14-16 hours on the charger. Will try to trouble shoot on jacks later after we eat turkey. Happy thanksgiving and again thanks for your guidance.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:49 PM   #27
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

FYI, when I just tested batteries with meter, this was the readings:
Passenger side: 12.69
Middle: 12.71
Driver side: 12.62
Back side: 12.56
Old 11-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #28
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I put it on jacks and fully charged it based on the solid green light on the cart. Now the cart does it almost immediately after I press the pedal. Really feels like the brake is automatically engaging.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:10 PM   #29
cgtech

Yamaha

It's jerking violently? If so, that's usually related to the encoder or its part of the wire harness. Unwrap & open up the wire harness just upstream of the motor, near where it passes by the back battery. Spray it with baking soda water. If it foams, keep cleaning until no more bubbles, allow to dry then test again.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:36 PM   #30
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think it's fair to describe it as violent. Entire motor jerks. Encoder is brand new, took extra care to not drop or bang it when installing. What are the odds it's that part? I will try the harness next chance I get and report back. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO