lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #1
holcomb
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy rear shaft came out

the rear wheel shaft came out on my Bad Boy E-Z Go buggy 2012 Why can't I get it back in is there a trick to this?
holcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #2
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bad Boy rear shaft came out

What model BBB? In 2012, BBB made the LTO, HD, Ambush, Recoil, Recoil iS, Instinct, etc. Let me know, and I'll do what I can to help.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:32 PM   #3
holcomb
Not Yet Wild

hello my new best friend i have a xto (poor me) what a joke can't even get a wiring diagram. and speaking with a tech is impossible. My XTO goes when it wants to. I put 3 miles on it and it decides it will not run any more i fool with the switch and it might start again. the last time I put 1 mile on it and now it will not do anything. I turn the key I hear a click in the front solenoid but nothing happens. I checked the batteries they are fine. I did an ohm check on the F/R switch it is fine. Now my next step is I want to check the accelerator switch. How do I do this ? All I have is a volt ohm meter, but have no wiring diagram to tell me how I can jump the switch. I do not want to burn something up. Do you have any suggestions? Also since it is erratic is there any one wire that might be shorting or disconnecting. Any suggestion or can I call you and go through this step by step if possible. It would be so greatly appreciated. Just give me time and day where you have some patience. I am not good with electric but I can follow instructions. Give ma a gas motor with a distributer and carburetor no problem. Please help, James
Old 02-02-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Holo: I have the XTO training guide I can send you, PM me your email and I'll try to email it out. Check behind the F&R for a loose connection to start.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #5
holcomb
Not Yet Wild

Thank you i looked at fuses they look good i got no click and nt running of my bad boy the controller lite flashes 4 times the tech said it is a connection problem code
Old 02-03-2017, 08:50 AM   #6
FF Titus
Gone Wild

4 flash code is one of these:

Line Contactor Welded Fault
Line contactor is welded.
Verify contactor wiring. Check for wiring to the correct controller. Testcontactor for open condition. Replace contactor.
OR
Line ContactorDid Not Close Fault.
Line contactor is open in the circuit.
OR
Verify contactor wiring. Check for wiring to the correct controller. Testcontactor for open condition. Replace contactor.
OR
MotorOpen Circuit
Field or Armature is open in the circuit.

Verify motor wiring. Test motor for open circuit. Replace motor.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:11 AM   #7
holcomb
Not Yet Wild

What is a line contactor when I talked with the tech.he did not mention this
Old 02-03-2017, 01:23 PM   #8
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by holcomb View Post
What is a line contactor when I talked with the tech.he did not mention this
Solenoid
Old 02-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #9
FF Titus
Gone Wild

From manual:

Quote:
1.To test for a welded line contactor, turn the key to the on position and wait 120 seconds for the line contactors to time out. Make sure that you hear the contactors drop out.
2.Place the ground lead from the multi meter onto the 48v-on the battery set.
3.Place the positive lead from the multi meter to the outside post of the line contactor.
4.If the contactor has dropped out there should be little to no voltage to the outside post.
5.If the contactor is welded there will still be 48v present on the outside post.
6.If a line contactor is found to be welded, it must be replaced.Line contactors are sealed and cannot be opened for repairs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO