lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2017, 10:36 AM   #1
MDsLawn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 ezgo txt transmission grind

Hey everyone ,its been a while since i have been on here but i have an 11 model txt gas cart was having no problems with it and all of a sudden going up small incline its like it jumped out of gear. a buddy of mine has checked the rear axles and hubs and said all of that is fine. he said the clutches are working properly and he said something is stripped in the transmission itself. how much stuff is in the transmission to be stripped out. What would be the best option to fixing it, is it possible to find a used transmission or would you recommend pulling the transmission and replacing whatever is wrong in there. also what is the best way to pulling the whole transmission? removing the whole body off of the cart?thanks for your help.
MDsLawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 ezgo txt transmission grind

first, I would pull the driven clutch and inspect the splines on the output shaft as well as the teeth inside the clutch - there was actually a recall on those early (pre-2013) Kawasaki clutches, they were failing right and left with similar symptoms. If it's bad, don't even bother replacing it with another Kawi clutch (even the newer ones) - just pop for a set of TEAM clutches, it'll set You back about $500 but they're reliable, much MUCH smoother, and provide almost 30% more torque to the trans as the OEM Kawasaki clutches
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #3
rib33024

Default Re: 2011 ezgo txt transmission grind

9 out of 10 times it's a striped hub. Or a broken axle
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO