lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default g29/YDRE Motor Start Sequence

My controller is new and my solenoid tested good and has power coming to it. The controller is not closing the solenoid.

I am trying to understand what Inputs is controller needs and what outputs does it produce to start motor.

Specifically, what does the controller need to see and in what order before it closes the solenoid and energizes main power to controller?

I have studied wiring diagram and, as best as I can tell, this is true:

R wire to run/tow is always hot
R/T switch energizes the RY wire
RY wire energizes main switch, Solenoid, F/R switch, and pins 12 and 13 to controller
F/R switch energizes either W or Yellow wire to controller pins 9 or 10
Main Switch energizes RW wire
RW energizes the accelerator switch and pin 8 to controller
Closing Accelerator switch energizes brown wire to controller pin 11

The controller also appears to be receiving input from the TPS and Speed sensor.

From here, all of the switching/logic appears to be within controller for which I have no diagram.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: g29/YDRE Motor Start Sequence

Take a look at the charger data wire coming to pin 2 on the YDRE diagram. I don't know exactly how this ckt works within the charge receptacle. However, I do know that when I installed a lithium pack in a G29 with the stock controller remaining and the charge receptacle removed; I could not get the cart to do anything until I connected the data wire (RY) to the RY wire on the solenoid. Cart worked fine from then on. There is no electrical connection to the + or - charge pins within the charge receptacle from this wire, but the cart would not run without it. When installing Alltrax XCT, this wire is not needed.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha