lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #11
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 sputters when given gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmrayt View Post
Lochlin: when you say you would do the whole top end what do you mean? New jug and all?

Yeah, you can get a new piston / cylinder kit from Ploughman (site sponsor) for $220. Yes, it's a few bucks more than just the piston / rings / shop fee but I always liked going this route if, for no other reason, I know I'll have a pristine top-end that should get me 15-20 years of service (assuming that no one is beating up on the cart).
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #12
wmrayt
Not Yet Wild

Have the head off. Found out the spark plug is cross threaded. So will have to have that straightened out also.
But having trouble getting the cylinder to come loose. Is there a trick to this? Do not want to damage anything.
wmrayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:25 PM   #13
wmrayt
Not Yet Wild

How much side to side play should there be on the crank end of the rod?
Old 06-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #14
wmrayt
Not Yet Wild

The service book I downloaded say that .79 inch side to side is with in tolerance measured at the top end of the rod is acceptable. This seems to be a lot to me. Is it perhaps a typo?
Old 07-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #15
wmrayt
Not Yet Wild

OK have the jug done. And received the oversized piston and rings. Now stupid question. Is the intake the front of motor? The book shows that a mark goes to the front of the motor. As it sets in the G1 it appears as the exhaust side is front but this doesn't sound right to me. Also the piston has an "EX' on top. Is this the indicator? There is no arrow.
The book also says the rings are marked but the ones I received are not. One is tapered some though.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #16
Lochlin
Gone Wild

The intake is actually to the rear of the cart. The carb faces rear. The exhaust goes out the front. The EX on your piston needs to line up with the exhaust port in the cylinder.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #17
wmrayt
Not Yet Wild

Got everything back together and happy to say motor is running great.
I want to thank every one who helped with information.

Tags
1983, cutting out, intermitent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha