lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default yamaha g1 only turns over in reverse

ican only get this g1 yamaha in the shop here to turn over in reverse. when i have the key in foward it does nothing. any help would be great becuase i dont know much about these carts
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha g1 only turns over in reverse

Suspect a solenoid but try the starter/gen test first. some solenoids can be disassembled and cleaned but be careful!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ator-test.html

the cable ends from the solenoids to starter/gen to the battery are steel(atleast my were) clean them all up with a wire brush and or replace the corroded ends as this is a big issue for these carts.

If the wire or ends look green or heavily frayed make a new cable. This alone could cure your problem.

Also could be a bad key switch. Start with the starter generator test.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #3
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

thank you i will give that a shot. my cables and conenctions all look pretty good so it sounds like it might be the key or generator
Old 07-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

When that happens I like to switch the small leads on top of the solenoids from one solenoid to the other. If the cart then works in F and not in R then your problem is narrowed down to the key switch or the F solenoid. As you already know the R solenoid is good, swap it with the F one. If it then doesn't work in F then then key switch is bad as you know that solenoid is good. If it does work then you know the key switch is fine and the original F solenoid is probably bad.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:30 AM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
When that happens I like to switch the small leads on top of the solenoids from one solenoid to the other. If the cart then works in F and not in R then your problem is narrowed down to the key switch or the F solenoid. As you already know the R solenoid is good, swap it with the F one. If it then doesn't work in F then then key switch is bad as you know that solenoid is good. If it does work then you know the key switch is fine and the original F solenoid is probably bad.
Good advice especially easy on the newer round solenoids as it is only a spade terminal you need to move older style has a eyelet with a nut holding it on if I remember correctly it's a light blue and yellow wire you need to switch
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:57 PM   #6
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
this is a great idea, thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha