lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
abgiles
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Confusion on which model I have - Serial number decoder wrong?

Ok, pictures WILL be forthcoming tomorrow, as it's dark and I forgot to take them this afternoon.

Purchased a well used EZGO, and the guy I got it from knew little to nothing about them (as I do).

Serial number is 899005 and the model is J1095. Serial number lookup feature shows it as a 1995 36V Electric Medalist. According to what I've read, they have metal bodies, etc...

Except, it's a Fiberglass body for sure, and is definitely a gas powered one.

Also does not have the front plastic bumper.

I know it's a stretch, but could EZGO be wrong, or is this most likely a thrown together from an assortment of parts?

Either way, it's not a big deal. Got it for cheap, and it's got a Jake's lift and some great wheels and tires.
abgiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2017, 06:22 AM   #2
abgiles
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Confusion on which model I have - Serial number decoder wrong?

Ok, pictures can't be linked for 7 days after joining (I'm sure it's to prevent spamming, but it's a bit ridiculous if you ask the newbie that needs help sooner than 7 days from now) but they are uploaded to my gallery.

If anyone would be so kind as to go through the pain of getting to my gallery (as I can't even link that for 7 days) I'd certainly appreciate it. If you could even be more kind as to insert the images on a reply post below, I'd forever be in your debt.

Thanks!

Brian
Old 08-08-2017, 06:35 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Should be a serial number on the frame somewhere, look at the crossover bar behind the seat opening.

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:52 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It's a mid 90s to 2001 cart. Ezgo's look up does have issues at times but it is possible someone switched the plate. Some had the serial number engraved on top of the frame rail next to the right rear tire. If you take the rear bumper off and the two plastic rivets out of the floor of the bag well you might be able to flex the body enough to read it.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:01 AM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgiles View Post
Ok, pictures can't be linked for 7 days after joining (I'm sure it's to prevent spamming, but it's a bit ridiculous if you ask the newbie that needs help sooner than 7 days from now) but they are uploaded to my gallery.

If anyone would be so kind as to go through the pain of getting to my gallery (as I can't even link that for 7 days) I'd certainly appreciate it. If you could even be more kind as to insert the images on a reply post below, I'd forever be in your debt.

Thanks!

Brian

you can post pics any time you want. You just can't post a link to anything, for 7 days. Click on the paper clip and post the pics from your phone or computer
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:03 AM   #6
abgiles
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
you can post pics any time you want. You just can't post a link to anything, for 7 days. Click on the paper clip and post the pics from your phone or computer
Thanks for clearing that up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO