lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
Tyler kellogg
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 Yamaha g16 controller problems

I recently purchased a Yamaha G 16 E with all the batteries removed and the controller taken apart I sent the controller out to get rebuilt got it back and now I don't know where to hook up the three large leads on the side One goes to battery negative one goes to battery positive and one goes to A2 on the motor there are no labels on the controller and I didn't take it apart I am looking for some help to try to get it back together
Tyler kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #2
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1996 Yamaha g16 controller problems

You should have a solenoid on there too somewhere. F1 and F2 are the smaller wires on the motor, A1 and A2 are the bigger ones. Pos should go from controller to solenoid and from solenoid to battery pack. Neg should go to battery pack.

Here is a wiring diagram for your cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attached Files
File Type: pdf G14-G16.pdf (45.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by trentofdestiny; 10-23-2017 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Added wiring diagram
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
Tyler kellogg
Not Yet Wild

I think that someone must have changed The controller or just have a different looking one my three big terminals that come out the end do not look like the wiring diagram that you sent me they are all facing the same way does not have one turned 90° like the diagram I will attach some pictures of what the controller looked like before it got rebuilt the terminals are in the same location and not labeled
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0855.jpg (229.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
Tyler kellogg
Not Yet Wild

Just to make it clear I did not take the controller apart or out of the cart the previous owner cut the ends open on the controller and took it apart don't know what they were thinking
Old 10-23-2017, 03:01 PM   #5
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Are you sure it is a G16? Are there any numbers on the controller case? Seems like it is not the correct one since the diagram shows 3 small flat terminals that you don't have in the picture. Those seem to be in the wires coming off the controller board instead.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:17 PM   #6
Tyler kellogg
Not Yet Wild

Yes the car is a G 16 E the controller was in the car in working until the previous owner had four people on it and repeatedly tried to climb a hill that he knew he shouldn't there are no markings on the controller at all just a rectangular aluminum box with the two white three prong wire leads coming out and the three aluminum giant spade terminals with a hole in the middle of each of them i sent the controller out to be rebuilt and they called it a JN4 controller if that helps
Old 10-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #7
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It appears there are two different configurations of that controller, one like yours and one with the 90 degree rotated big terminal and the 3 small terminals. I'm looking for pics/diagrams.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:48 PM   #8
Tyler kellogg
Not Yet Wild

I did go on Yamaha's website and download the wiring diagram for a G 16 E it was on page 50 of the owners manual it showed me the wires coming into it but it was not specific to what pin location they go to
Old 10-23-2017, 03:50 PM   #9
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yeah I saw that too. I think what you may need is a service manual. Or a photo of someones g16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2017, 05:07 PM   #10
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am guessing as I really don't know but after looking at other controllers and the mechanical layout of the terminals I think this is correct.

M- is in the middle.
The B- is lower near the case
The B+ is raised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G16-pins.jpg (43.6 KB, 0 views)
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha