lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
mjribeiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 1998 Gas

My local dealer has a few 1998 gas Yamaha models for sale. He said they come with tune up / oil change for $2000 Is that a decent price? Thanks!
mjribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1998 Gas

It's not horrible, but it's no steal either. Try to get them for $1,700 and work from that figure UP to what he has them for.

Check the oil and air filters to make sure they really were tuned up and he's not just saying that. There is a dealer around here whose reconditioning program consists of telling you it was done.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

From what I see around here I would pay more for a peronally owned cart than a course cart. I went and looked at some 98's at a course that they wanted $750-$1400 for and they are hammered. The rearends growl, just not great carts,but cheap.
cartin AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
mjribeiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank's guys - where I am in NJ we don't have too many places where people buy new ones for personal use, but we do have a lot of courses! I guess one upside is that we can't play golf here for 4+ months per year due to snow and a soggy thaw.....so I think they get a little of a break compared to the southern carts.

I read somewhere online today that the club car gas motors last longer? then comes yamaha, the ez go last - Is there any truth to that? Now that I think about it I may have seen that on a CC dealer site....
Old 08-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #5
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Any of the engines last OK when you take care of them. But when courses take care of them, the Kawasakis in the Club Cars and Yamahas in the Yamahas do tend to last longer. I have worked on a 91 Yamaha that still had 165psi compression. I have a 1997 TXT that smokes.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
mjribeiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Guys - I'm going to take a ride tomorrow just to look at the g16s this guy has. Any thing I should be looking for? A birdie told me they are hard on lower control arm bushings. But I've changed them on big cars - Any frame problems to look for? I'll bring a compression tester - what is a sound range for a 98 - likely a course car..... Thanks in advance!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:49 AM   #7
Dero
Gone Wild

I have a 87 ezgo that we have had since 93 or so and the engine hasnt been touched since we had it. knowing the original owner it probably wasnt worked on either. I consistently push it up to around 5k rpms and it still runs good.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

i had a 93 ezgo and it smoked like there was no tommorow(just dont overfill oil)
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #9
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

So it didn't smoke when it wasn't provoked? Case closed.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I will say onething about the G16, It is a FAST cart with the govenor removed. I can take it on my E-Z-GO until I am maxed out and it just keeps coming and goes right around. I am running 22's he is stock.
cartin AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha