lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2018, 11:30 PM   #21
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Robin 295 losing power as it warms up.

Addendum: I don't know if Robin engines have "interference" valves, but if so, be sure you get the cam timing correct first go.
Just sayin'
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2018, 06:52 PM   #22
Nubes4876
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just ran a compression test on the engine. Both cylinders are showing at 170 and 169 PSI. As far as I am aware, this cart was only owned by an older man who was pretty gentle with it.
Nubes4876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #23
Nubes4876
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe I have found the issue. At the suggestion of a local cart mechanic, I disconnected the muffler and it ran much better. I suspect, as he suggested, my muffler is blocked.

For anybody that is searching, the symptoms were:

Loss of power
Engine would bog down as it warmed up (RPM drop)
Back pressure and fuel mist coming out of the carb.
Nubes4876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:14 AM   #24
daleGT500
Not Yet Wild

following i have the same issue, have changed coil, cdi box. carb and fuel pump, filter, tried without air filter, checked exhaust put a hole saw hole in the bottom of the muffler, loud but i know it open, ect. adjusted valves, have compression when hot and checked valves for clearance when hot and running bad, just to be sure not holding a valve open, on a hot day will do it in 3m ,min. on cool day can run it 10 min.
daleGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:36 AM   #25
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleGT500 View Post
following i have the same issue, have changed coil, cdi box. carb and fuel pump, filter, tried without air filter, checked exhaust put a hole saw hole in the bottom of the muffler, loud but i know it open, ect. adjusted valves, have compression when hot and checked valves for clearance when hot and running bad, just to be sure not holding a valve open, on a hot day will do it in 3m ,min. on cool day can run it 10 min.
This topic is over 3 years old. You will get an answer much faster if you open a new post on this issue. Be sure to list everything you did including compression test.
These mufflers just don't plug up by the way unless you have run it burning oil for a long time
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, power loss, robin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO