lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2019, 07:42 PM   #1
crosswired
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default TXT will not start

I posted this but it went to the electric EZ GO. I think my key switch is bad. If you would like to read go to the electric EZ GO
crosswired is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2019, 08:38 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT will not start

Post the problem here and we might can help.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Post the problem here and we might can help.
Agreed. Were happy to help, but dont really want to have to hunt for your post to do it. The electric cart sections have a lot more activity so threads get lost quickly and easily.

Plus for searchability reasons, it helps to have the problem clearly stated in the same post as the solution for future folks having the same issue :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:41 AM   #4
crosswired
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 04 TXT gas EZ GO. I was starting it and it just stopped do anything. The battery is good, all new fuses. With a test light on the back of the key switch I get a hot wire until I turn the key on to the lights or press the gas pedal. The same with the solenoid. the key switch is a 4 pin with 2 wires piggybacked to the same terminal
Old 03-29-2019, 06:24 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I think you are checking and seeing power for the headlight circuit as you should not see anything on the ignition/start side of the switch until the pedal has been pressed. The power for ignition/start, is fed by a fuse under the plastic cover in front of the battery, not the fuses located on the wheel arch. These are for the light circuits etc. I think you are checking the wrong wires . The power for crank and ignition comes from a 10 Amp in line fuse under the plastic cover, it then goes to the pedal switch and then up to the ignition switch and when the switch is turned to the on position, will feed down to the crank activation solenoid. I suspect the 10 amp fuse is blown or the wire broken off the fuse holder.

The switch is actually two separate poles, one for ignition and one for lights. they should be completely independent as far as i recall.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
crosswired
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I replaced the fuse under the cover when I replaced the others. I will check for a broke wire.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:17 PM   #7
crosswired
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I checked your fuse it is good bit there is no horn or lights all those fuses are good. This has got me all messed up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO