lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2019, 04:10 PM   #1
Moxie73
Not Yet Wild

Default Accusense not working??

So I have a G14 Yamaha and the person who sold it to me had just bought a bunch of batteries and an Accusense charger. All was going well for a few months and now the charger won’t “power on.” There’s a tiny green light in the back that tells me it is somewhat alive, but the needle doesn’t move, the LEDs don’t do anything. I can push the selector button all day and it doesn’t respond....

I don’t have anything that goes with the charger (no USB or manual) and all I know is that it’s the 36 volt model. Help? Do I need a new charger? Is there one more appropriate I should be using? Troubleshooting ideas? So many thanks in advance!!!!
Moxie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2019, 05:41 PM   #2
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina
Default Re: Accusense not working??

How low are the batt. pack. If they are to low you will need a car charger to charge them up a little so the cart charger could charge them.
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:31 PM   #3
Moxie73
Not Yet Wild

Thank you!!! I bet that’s exactly it. I am manually charging now and will try again. Really thank you. Crossing my fingers
Old 03-31-2019, 11:44 PM   #4
Moxie73
Not Yet Wild

Well manually charging has not worked...hmmmm....going to get a battery test thing to see if it’s the batteries. I have been neglecting the cart for a while and water was low, so sulfation? Oooor need to manually charge more?
Old 04-01-2019, 01:09 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Manually charge more. And get a volt meter on them, it's the only tester you need at this point. You can't load test a discharged battery.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:18 PM   #6
Moxie73
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I’m sure by now y’all have figured out that I’m not much of a fixer. I tried manually charging with a battery charger for boats/cars/lawn mowers/cars that plugs into a wall outlet. The thing didn’t even stay the charging because it seemingly didn’t detect a battery...that dead. I tried a Stanley Fatmax, and as far as I can tell an hour on each two batteries hasnt done much. Haven’t got a volt meter but I’m wondering if the batteries are just too far gone to revive. The cart came with working batteries but I’m not sure how old and not sure they liked being run down and left in a garage for months. New batteries? Or any other ideas? Sorry I’m so needy.... I will pass along my knowledge of scrabble in exchange for knowledge about carts.... I should just stick to scrabble as my sole hobby :)

I know when I got it the guy said it had newer batteries but I don’t think that was true... they look well-loved when I got in there.... lied to possibly

Last edited by Moxie73; 04-02-2019 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: adding info
Old 04-02-2019, 02:41 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Find a older charger that will turn on even at lower voltages.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #8
Moxie73
Not Yet Wild

It’s working perfect!!!! I got a manual charger that works actually and now I’ve got the batteries all charged and now the Accusense is working perfect!! Thank you all!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha