lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2019, 12:00 PM   #1
Jjones68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Ezgo 295 no spark

I have replaced everything in engine compartment to do with spark. Solenoid, voltage regulator, igniter, new generator/starter, new coil and new pulsar. Still no spark. When I check coil I'm getting constant hot and no pulse. I keep checking pulsar Garland keeping it at around 020.i don't see any raised areas on flywheel to activate pulsar. Totally lost I thought replacing with all new would be best but still no spark.
Jjones68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo 295 no spark

The pulsar is supposed to generate a small (0.5 or less) A/C voltage. Check across the two leads coming off the pulsar and out if the fan shroud. If you do have that small but measurable A/C voltage you're probably looking at an ignitor module issue. A fair bit of the time it's that module lacking a good ground. Try a ground jumper before you buy more parts.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #3
Jjones68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I used a jumper ground from battery to black on igniter still nothing. I wonder if I didn't buy a bad igniter as it was 25 bucks instead of 100. Also confused on the pulsar pickup spot. Most of what I've seen has a raised place on the flywheel but all I see is a cutout.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #4
Jjones68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

By the way thanks for any and all advice until I get this fixed I have a unhappy wife.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:10 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I only get those Robin engine EZGOs every now & then, but I seem to remember it being the gap space / hole / void whatever you want to call it that triggers that pulsar. Don't worry about finding a bump or magnet, just check for a small A/C voltage while cranking.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:38 PM   #6
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

The magnet is on the Pulser Coil .
This is one of many posts here on these engines not firing.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...tters-out.html
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:38 AM   #7
Jjones68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks everybody, after work today I'll give it another shot. I've noticed that some igniteres are 25 bucks and some 125. Is there any difference in quality or just a huge markup?
Old 07-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #8
Jjones68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

When I check for ac voltage on pulsar do I put both tests leads in plug or just one and ground the other?
Old 07-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #9
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Not to ground. Connect meter to each pulser wire. Don't matter which way you connect them. Set meter to low scale on AC volts. My cheap Harbor Freight has a 2 scale on the AC. That is the one I use. They normally never go bad.
It would be nice if you had a known good ignitor to use for testing being there is no test to see if one is bad. I hate to see people spend all this money and end up getting a bad part.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #10
Jjones68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the info. I put my old igniter back in Last night to see if maybe it was still good with same results as new one. I have cleaned all the ground connections down to shiny metal. After I bought all these new parts I seen people saying that after market parts were junk. Now I don't know if I have good igniter or not. Have spent 500 bucks on parts and about to have to send it to a cart shop. Going to use your guys information go through it one more time. Ugh
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO