lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #1
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Cleaning Battery box area

I have noticed today while checking the rear axle fluid that the bottoms of the batteries are a little wet with what appears or be condensation. I see the same at the top of the batteries after charging.
What is a good cleaning solution to rinse them off and prevent rust and or other damage??
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cleaning Battery box area

combination of baking soda and water.

I use 1/4 C of baking soda in 1 gallon of water in a cheap plastic tank sprayer. Spray off the batteries until foaming/fizzing stops then rinse gently with water from garden hose. Let air dry or I use a blower. Don't do this over the driveway/cement. You can buy stuff in a spray can also. Never tried it myself.

Keep water in cells above the plates but not too full. Water level decreases when batteries are discharged and increases when charging. Do not let water level get low enough to expose plates. Older batteries use water faster than new or newer batteries. Distilled water only. Watch out for fake distilled water labeled "spring water" or "purified" (Publix)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO