lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2021, 08:24 AM   #11
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Default Re: What exact Solenoid to buy

I got the cart back together with the original solenoid becasue I fixed lots of stuff and fried the wrong solenoid I bought from Napa.

Now it seems to run great and is more consistent when rolling over.
I have traced all wires have power at key switch fixed a bad connection where power goes to the reverse circuit, replaced a bad fuse holder, replaced the foot pedal micro switch.
every now and then the solenoid wont pull in or click to roll over the starter generator. When this does it I pull the wire off the solenoid and it has 12 volts.
If I take a jumper from the battery to the solenoid it clicks and the starter generator rolls over. then it will be fine for a few start and stops.
I did try and take voltage reading with the wire connected on the solenoid and it was like 5 volts or something low like that. Am I getting a grounding out issue somewhere causing the voltage drop at the solenoid? Keep in mind the voltage drop is only when it is hooked up at the solenoid.
Does this make since? Is the solenoid shorted out or is something else causing the voltage drop when it i hooked up?
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2021, 01:57 PM   #12
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Replace the positive battery cable. It sounds like hidden corossion.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #13
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

thank you I will give it a try
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO