lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2021, 01:56 PM   #11
bgood
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 EZGO One spark problem

TRIG123 -OBTW - When I connect one lead of my ohm meter to a lead from the pulse and the other to a coil wire and rotate the engine by hand I get a reading ever time it passes the slot in the flywheel.
bgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #12
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Something that folks should be aware of, the battery tray that the ignitor/voltage regulator/solenoid mounting plate mounts to is painted, and it bolts to a painted frame. The limited areas of no paint get rusted. These components all ground to this tray. Leads to bad grounds, even when the actual grounding point of connection is clean. Running a separate wire from the braided unshielded ground cable to the tray or mounting plate will help with most grounding issues.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:15 PM   #13
bgood
Not Yet Wild

Anybody have an OEM CDI (igniter) used, working that you would part with ?
Please PM me !
Old 07-24-2021, 03:12 PM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Trig123 The igniter (original) that was on the cart that I think is bad matches your description. The one from China - no markings what so ever. The one from the dealer is only marked Tiwan. The dealer said he would replace it because i checked it and the one from China on my running 92 Marithon and no go. I just replaced the brushes in my
starter/generator thinking this may help because they were past the ware marker, but still only one spark. The built in rev limiter is interesting, I didn't know one existed. Could not find anything in the manuals about rev limiting. I thought it was all mechnical wit the carborater linkage. My next step is to reinstall the original CDI and retry it again. I will also reconnect the next one from the dealer. If no success, i will get the 1977 Nova ignition module. I refuse to give up.
Try your best to find one like was on it from factory. It will fire if you do unless you have a connection issue somewhere or ground problem.

Yes the ignitor has a built in rev limiter and they work to save your engine in case someone has overclocked it lol I used to overclock everything from cars to computers and most of the time I blew them up

The governor that connects to rear axle should tone your engine down when you hit a certain speed but again people mess with these to gain speed and they come close to hitting that rev limiter.

There are still some OEM ignitors out there. You just have to know where to look. Country Cat had them last month but I see they are back ordered right now.

It will run so much better than what you are thinking about doing with the HEI changeover.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:22 PM   #15
bgood
Not Yet Wild

Wowzer --- Got it running, just like before it quit.
I ripped out the harness and built a new one. Reinstalled the the original CDI, New connectors on everything. Sparks like roman candles,put the plugs in and away we go!
Thanks for every one that contributed, It was quit a journey and I learned a lot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO