lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
bhusman
Not Yet Wild

Default 1989 Gas EZGO power wash

I have a new to me gas 1989 EZGO with many miles of mud and sludge near the engine and all on the underbody. If I covered the engine and electricals, could I powerwash the rest with a low power powerwasher? It literaly has 20 years of sludge under it.

Thanks!
bhusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 Gas EZGO power wash

You should be ok, I clean my engine with a power washer once in a while. But I don't get the wand too close and it's mainly just dirt/dust.........

However;
Last year I was power washing a friends 88 engine compartment and the dang thing started up and tried to leave me. Then for about a week it would do it out on the golf course randomly, she'd get off to hit a ball and the starter would kick in and it slowly moved forward on it's own lol. She had to turn off the key to stop it, I think the micro switch in the gas pedal circuit got wet or something not really sure but I now call that buggy 'Christine'
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO