lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2021, 11:21 AM   #1
HunterO
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 EZGO TXT No Power After Radio Harness Caught Fire

Hello, first off I'm new here so bare with me as I'm not an electrician and this is my first golf carts. Quick rundown... Got the golf cart from a family member. 2000 EZGO TXT Series 36V. It was delivered from the shop where it had brand new 6 6v batteries installed. While I was driving the inside of the dash started smoking pretty bad right behind the crappy radio receiver that was installed. It was not installed by the shop. Not sure who did it prior to my possession of the cart. Lucky I was able to rip out the receiver but not before a cloud of smoke and flame was seen. Once it all cleared there was obvious damage to the radio wiring harness. A black and yellow wire coming off the radio to the radio harness had touched. These wires were badly taped together and I'm not sure why they didnt have a connector. The wires going to the key switch that were also behind that dash did not have any damage. However, after examining everything I went to turn the cart back on and the voltmeter had no power and the cart would not go. I got power to the lights but nothing else. Also, the charger will not turn on when I plug it into the cart. After numerous searches and youtube videos here is everything that I have tried with no success. If you have an idea of what might be going on please reply as I'm doing everything I can not to spend money at a repair shop.

1. Checked the only 2 fuses I could find which were the 15amps in the the fuse box under the seat. Both were good.
2. I put a voltmeter on the main terminals at battery pack and got 36v
3. Main terminal to solenoid showed 36v as well as main terminal to controller. Smaller terminals did not show a reading when pedal was pressed down
4. Reed switch did not show any power. Tried bypassing it and running a wire directly to the positive terminal on battery pack. Nothing happened
5. On the back of the key switch I only get a 12v reading on a blue and white wire which goes to the front light bar, all other wires read 0.
6. I'm not the best with electricity so I'm not sure if I did this correct but I did not get any readings from the F/R switch

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HunterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2021, 04:11 PM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2000 EZGO TXT No Power After Radio Harness Caught Fire

No power at the key switch and the charger wont turn on. On the main positive post, is there a fuse there? Its a big fuse. Is there a run tow switch on your cart?
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #3
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Ignore the tow switch. I dont think a series cart has one. Check the small wires on switch assembly. You should have pack voltage at the small red and small blue wire. If you dont have power there then it should be the reed switch or if you have the big fuse on the main POS. Post.
Old 09-04-2021, 11:49 AM   #4
HunterO
Not Yet Wild

Scott, thank you for taking the time to respond. After retracing all the wires I finally found the issue. I found 2 disconnects under the brake pedal that had been corroded and the eyelet on the positive cable going from the battery terminal to the charging port was broken off. Not sure if this was caused by the short but the cart was running just fine prior. After fixing all those the cart is good to go.
HunterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:36 PM   #5
Scott quail
Gone Wild

awesome.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO