lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2021, 02:05 PM   #1
coug86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 4
Default 2016 G29 Roof Question

Greetings. Had a question for those in the "know". I have recently bought a 2016 G29. Love it. Live in the Pacific Northwest and am planning on putting an enclosure on it soon. Before I do that, I need to fix the roof. Living in the Northwest, obviously we get a lot of rain. I believe it has an aftermarket roof on it that does not have a water roof drain on it. (In fact the roof on it I believe is improperly installed with the rain ridges running precipitation off of the front and not the back.

I have been scouring the internet looking to buy a replacement but have yet to find anything. The Pacific Northwest Yamaha dealer is not the best to work with. Have left over a dozen emails/phone calls with no response.

Anybody know where I can source a roof/struts and the drains?

Thank you.
coug86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 09-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rio Verde, Az
Posts: 4,110
Default Re: 2016 G29 Roof Question

Pictures???? Stock G29 roof has two drains that run down the metal posts behind the seat back that hold the roof up. The water should go down those two drains.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:10 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild
 
meimk's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 2,141
Default Re: 2016 G29 Roof Question

I've got several of those stock short tops left over from builds we've done. I'm half way across the country but there has to be somebody near you who builds carts.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:24 PM   #4
coug86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 4
Default Re: 2016 G29 Roof Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
I've got several of those stock short tops left over from builds we've done. I'm half way across the country but there has to be somebody near you who builds carts.
Thank you from the reply! Can you tell me what the length of those tops are? I have a guy that wants to sell me a top, but he states the oem size for the top is 70". Is that true? The aftermarket top I have is around 54"
coug86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:36 PM   #5
coug86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 4
Default Re: 2016 G29 Roof Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug86 View Post
Greetings. Had a question for those in the "know". I have recently bought a 2016 G29. Love it. Live in the Pacific Northwest and am planning on putting an enclosure on it soon. Before I do that, I need to fix the roof. Living in the Northwest, obviously we get a lot of rain. I believe it has an aftermarket roof on it that does not have a water roof drain on it. (In fact the roof on it I believe is improperly installed with the rain ridges running precipitation off of the front and not the back.

I have been scouring the internet looking to buy a replacement but have yet to find anything. The Pacific Northwest Yamaha dealer is not the best to work with. Have left over a dozen emails/phone calls with no response.

Anybody know where I can source a roof/struts and the drains?

Thank you.
Here you go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (233.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg top 1.jpg (204.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg top 2.jpg (204.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg top 3.jpg (191.6 KB, 0 views)
coug86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:48 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rio Verde, Az
Posts: 4,110
Default Re: 2016 G29 Roof Question

Nice cart - but I have never seen one with a roof like that one.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:05 AM   #7
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 264
Default Re: 2016 G29 Roof Question

That is an interesting aftermarket top. Its probably installed that way to drain the water away from the golf bags.
The original top may have been damaged from a roll over or a low hanging branch.
A new or good used Yamaha top shouldn't be too hard to find.

If you do go to a Yamaha top, you are going to need the drain tubes to go with it.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:49 AM   #8
meimk
Gone Wild
 
meimk's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 2,141
Default Re: 2016 G29 Roof Question

I've got a black stock type top with struts and all sitting in the shop. I'll take some pictures today so you can see what it was originally supposed to have.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 09:00 PM   #9
expoman55
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Parrish, Florida
Posts: 25
Default Re: 2016 G29 Roof Question

Hey ya'll I have a 09 G29 Gas car with what I believe is a stock roof as it has the rain gutters down the rear metal struts.

There are what look like mounting posts on the underside ( inside) of roof toward front.
Can anyone tell me what they are for? is there a shelf assembly or something available?
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:45 AM   #10
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 264
Default Re: 2016 G29 Roof Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
Hey ya'll I have a 09 G29 Gas car with what I believe is a stock roof as it has the rain gutters down the rear metal struts.

There are what look like mounting posts on the underside ( inside) of roof toward front.
Can anyone tell me what they are for? is there a shelf assembly or something available?
Pretty much anything that you want. I used to mount a radio system up there.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2016 RXV Motor Brake Question Electric EZGO
2016 TXT wiring question Electric EZGO
2016 ezgo gas belt question Gas EZGO
2016 G29 EFI question Gas Yamaha
2016 RXV wheel and tire question Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.