lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #21
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: CPP Ezgo Clutch Tuning Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
So I got both my CPP Clutch Tuning spring & Power kit spring installed today. I ran around the block & checked the high speed & speed pulling one particular hill before I did anything, after installing the Clutch tuning spring (drive) & then after the Clutch Tuning spring and the Power Kit spring (driven). I was a little surprised of the results. Overall it's quicker off the line & pulls up the hills better.

Stock springs: top speed:25 mph - pulls the hill at 15 mph

Clutch Tuning spring installed: top speed:26 mph - pulls the hill at 17 mph

Both springs installed: top speed:24 mph - pulls the hill at 19 mph

Sounds like a good trade off--1 mph in top speed loss for 4 mph gain in hill climbing speed.I think it is well worth the price and Tom @ CPP is da man
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #22
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
Sounds like a good trade off--1 mph in top speed loss for 4 mph gain in hill climbing speed.I think it is well worth the price and Tom @ CPP is da man
Yep, I have to agree on all counts. I had a conversation & swapped email with Tom a couple times & he was very helpful.

Interesting side note..... just comparing the stock springs & the CPP springs I just installed.
Driven

Drive
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #23
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I used to get my clutch springs from a local guy here in phx. but he is now out of business. so I ordered 2 springs ones going in a cart and the other is for the customers other cart. if it all works out ill order 10 of them to keep in stock!

Thanks for the write up guys!
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #24
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbmfpeterson View Post
I used to get my clutch springs from a local guy here in phx. but he is now out of business. so I ordered 2 springs ones going in a cart and the other is for the customers other cart. if it all works out ill order 10 of them to keep in stock!

Thanks for the write up guys!
If you ordered them from CPP I promise you'll be happy with your purchase,I've spent many dollars with Tom and have always been well pleased.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #25
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you were correct! the spring is perfect for what we need! i'm not sure why you would want the cart to just run and idle but the spring is smooth and builds the right amount of power! we didnt install the wiring harness just the spring

I will be ordering at least 5 maybe 10 to keep in stock! (maybe I can get some kind of dealer pricing???? )
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #26
Famous58
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Can anyone help me? I took apart my driven clutch without putting marking on the edges first. I dont know how much to turn/compress my spring before attaching the flange plate. Does anyone know which direction/how far to turn the flange before bolting it back on, thanks guys
Famous58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO