lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Did the governor mod, and now bad stuff.

Wish I could help but I havent messed with my cart to make it faster. How much tension is on the pedal and butterfly on the carb? Like when you have a return spring putting tension on the linkage. It has to be something simple but I have a simple mind is thinking. Have you tried this in the next sentence with the key off then on to see what the throttle does? Put it in neutral, lifted the seat and watch the throttle while you push the pedal? Id like to know what its doing when you push it. My 99 starts in nuetral without flipping the yellow plastic piece but my 90 doesnt as I have to flip it.... Also, dont take it to the stealership, Im sure we can figure it out without there help. We are all gearheads including myself
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am new to, 4 replys seems like help to me. What did the other 5-6 fourms tell you to do. Not being a A$$ or anything but i and others have had post with no relys as well. BE HAPPY

Last edited by papaw; 04-26-2010 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: spelling
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
SCRAP
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can't put it back the way it was, the Gov. shaft isn't clocked the same way as it was originally nor do I know the original position. If someone could assist I would put it back to stock. If it were that easy I wouldn't have continued asking for help. I took it to CC and there weren't any Gas Techs there, won't be until Monday. Thanks

-SS
SCRAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
SCRAP
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaw View Post
I am new to, 4 replys seems like help to me. What did the other 5-6 fourms tell you to do. Not being a A$$ or anything but i and others have had post with no relys as well. BE HAPPY
The other 5 forums aren't for golf carts, as I stated, they are for cars, trucks, quads and etc. I was talking about understanding how forums work Pa.

-SS
Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #15
SCRAP
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
Wish I could help but I havent messed with my cart to make it faster. How much tension is on the pedal and butterfly on the carb? Like when you have a return spring putting tension on the linkage. It has to be something simple but I have a simple mind is thinking. Have you tried this in the next sentence with the key off then on to see what the throttle does? Put it in neutral, lifted the seat and watch the throttle while you push the pedal? Id like to know what its doing when you push it. My 99 starts in nuetral without flipping the yellow plastic piece but my 90 doesnt as I have to flip it.... Also, dont take it to the stealership, Im sure we can figure it out without there help. We are all gearheads including myself
Everything is just like it was before I did it. Return springs, cables, linkages and etc. Last night before I posted I had the maint. cove off, seat up, observing the linkage, looked like it did before I loosened the clamp. I would love to figure this out without CC, I am still hoping someone can lend some assistance. You can check it out if you want, I've got the beer if you've got the time!

-SS

-SS
Old 04-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #16
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Ok, First thing is we don't live on the forum so you might have to wait a bit for some help.
Don't know about everyone but I know alot of great folks here and they are all family orientated and like myself spend the weekends at the lake with our families and no laptops so how about cut us some friggin slack!

If you have checked and made very sure your throttle arm on the carb is moving slowly open and closed when you push the pedal slowly I would suggest you remove the air breather hose and check to see if you still have the carb "butterfly" plate on the throttle shaft inside the carb.
If the throttle is working but going to WOT that would be the only reason.
Good luck and keep us posted.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #17
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Take the arm off and look for stain corosion at the gap.
I don't own one but I won't quit when I have a problem.
Take the arm off mark the shaft and twirl it see how far it moves
start at one extreme and work your way around.
It was not born it was assembled.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #18
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Crash are club cars known for dropping the plate off the shaft?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #19
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Crash are club cars known for dropping the plate off the shaft?
Yea! And try to find it once it breaks and comes off, It's usually a mystery to where they go.........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #20
SCRAP
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok, so take the gov. arm of and turn the shaft noticing how far it turns? What's this about a plate falling off? I'm working on it in the garage, I'll be in and out.........

-SS
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car