lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
jdrmm8400
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1981 EZGO Electric Wiring diagram

I have had some other issues, but the wiring seems to be causing the others. I cannot find a pic diagram of the 1981 resistor wiring. I need to know which side of the solenoid the wiper goes on...the FNR side or the 1st contact side of the speed controller. I replaced the solenoid and am still getting arching and some surging when the arching happens. I cleaned all contacts (including the copper speed control ones). I have 3 new batteries and 3 older but am still showing 38 volts. I need to get this cart running and am very frustrated. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
jdrmm8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1981 EZGO Electric Wiring diagram

I dug around and found this one. Does it help? Your motor is perpendicular to the axle right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81_X444.jpg (42.4 KB, 43 views)
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
jdrmm8400
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1981 EZGO Electric Wiring diagram

Pics of 1981 speed control board. If anyone that has a 1978-1981 ezgo resistor cart, could you send me pics of the speed control area? Just want to see if my wiring matches yours. Thanks so much.
jdrmm8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO