lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
usrjcro11
Not Yet Wild

Default f290 carburetor flooding

have a f290, when first start it it runs good. cut if off it floods. i know it floods because i can take air inlet off and gas runs out. cleaned carb still doing the same thing. thot float sticking or has a hole in it. bot new carb from club car dealer put it on and it does the same thing. started up and ran good. cut it off and can start smelling gas again. take inlet tube off and gas running out of carb. new float 60 dollars and carb 150 thot i was smart
usrjcro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: f290 carburetor flooding

I would check the fuel pump it may have a ruptured diaphragm.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
usrjcro11
Not Yet Wild

how would one check if it is bad put a new one on???
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Remove the pulse line and check that is not full of fuel.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
usrjcro11
Not Yet Wild

i went and took the fuel pump off of john deere 185 riding mower. it has a kawasaki engine. pump looked the same. same problem with the john deere pump. so i took the bypass line off the carb that goes to the pump and tried running and it did not flood out anymore after i shut it off. put the line back on and ran it and it flooded. believe i have the wrong gas cap it is not vented.my son failed to put it on after filling the tank and i got cap from friend but it was not club car cap. going to check if club car caps are vented form dealer tommorrow and if they are that will fix the problem. man these cc are picky motors. thanks for the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car