lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
jimbo123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1992 Club Car no Spark

My 1992 gas club car has no spark. It ran just fine and while under power it just died. I have previously installed new coil and igniter. The ground wire on the RPM limiter has been disconnected and the kill wire also disconnected still no fire.
I could use some advice on possible fixes.
jimbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1992 Club Car no Spark

it could be the RPM limitor irself.........if you replaced coil and ignitor already other than the limitor you have the sparkplug itself which could be bad or the wire from coil to sparkplug....i have seen plenty of them go bad, check your engine to frame ground and clean connections if you have to..................now this dosn,t mean that one of the parts you replaced didn,t go bad already ( ignitor ) but assuming they are good and plug,wire, and ground is good that leaves the limitor...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

unplug the grounding wire for your coil. The conn. is behind the oil fill tube. If you have spark the problem is in the limit switches.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
jimbo123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Have unplugged kill wire, replaced igniter,coil,and spark plug. Get spark some times, but motor will not run. Also used new RPM limiter. RPM limiter has been disconnected for several years. There is some question whether the RPM has other functions than over speed. All micro switches have been replaced and rechecked. I'm at a total loss and out of ideas. I should add it ran just fine the day it died.
I sure appreciate all the help I have received.
Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
stevenvjohnson
Not Yet Wild

I've had this problem and it turned out to be a loose ground wire. On mine there's one in front (from near oil tube to frame) and one from the generator to the seat frame. If either of those is loose on mine, it won't run. Also, did you check the spark plug wire?
stevenvjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
jimbo123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I haven't checked the ground wires. never thought about the ground straps. Sound something to check. A local repair shop has the cart now. Told me they would not charge any labor, they just want to find the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion. we have tried most everything else.
Thanks again.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
rkggoodman
Not Yet Wild

same here i spent the cash and found bad groun strap
rkggoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

please let us know what they find............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
jimbo123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The RPM Limiter was checked out and a new one used for testing. The poor ground sounds like the best bet. There have been a lot of mech's looking at this CC.
I sure appreciate all the suggestions.
Thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #10
jimbo123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Results of the 92 club Car with no spark. The shop changed parts one at a time with no results. They replaced the RPM limiter igniter and coil and checked the ground wires. the cart runs better than i can remember. Rather costly but fixed. They told me Club Car tech's said because I disconnected the ground on the RPM limiter that caused the igniter and coil to fail. I find this hard to belive, but the cart runs. End of story.
Thanks for all the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car