lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2010, 06:03 AM   #1
aussiecart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Brake/stop lights have stopped working need some tips on fixing

I got home late tonight and was going to take the cart for a run but I noticed that my stop/brake lights have stopped working and I am not sure where to look first, I imagine there is a switch at the brake pedal, do these fail easily?

The only things I have done to the cart recently was change out the light bar for 2 single cut in headlights and put led tail lights on the rear. The light bar had headlight bulds and a set of blinker bulbs and another set of clear bulbs, I ran the clear bulbs to the new lights and just unplugged the headlight bulbs, could this have affected the stop lights, my blinkers, headlights and taillights all work great just no stop/brake lights?

The other thing I have done was change out the drum brakes for mechanical disc brakes, brakes do work great could this have altered something like brake switch?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
aussiecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
aussiecart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake/stop lights have stopped working need some tips on fixing

I have done some further checks and the micro switch at the brake pedal is clicking and the pedal is working to activate the switch, I pulled the 2 wires going to the micro switch at the brake pedal and did a volt test but there is nothing there, should there be some juice to those 2 wires?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes there should be some power in to the switch there from you lighting circuit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Check the fuse.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
aussiecart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

some further info, I have 13 volts going into the brake switch and when brake is engaged I have 13 volts going out of the brake switch. so all good there.

I have 13 volts coming to each of the brown wires that go to the tail lights, however the brown wires are not plugged into anything, they are as per the attached wiring diagram, so I am not sure if the brown wires should be doubled up with one of the tail light wires, anyone got any advice

I am sure the tail lights were wired correctly and I thought that the brown wires were never connected, it's got me stumped because I would think that the power from the brake switch/brown wire should be going to something
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZGOFreedomWiring.jpg (64.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you said that you switched to LED taillights, are you getting any light at the rear of the cart? Are the running lights working? Are the turn signals working?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO