lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Question with mixture

Hi all,, I had reciently got another golf cart and took the head of and found it needs new piston & rings I surched the net and found a set at a good price so I am gonna order, in reading through alot of threads I noteced alot have eliminated the oil injection and mix the gas and oil, my cart is a 1990 ex go Marathon and seen people advise to mix 128:1 "1oz oil 1 gallon gas" is this correct as it just seems to me to be to light and dont want to ruin this after rebuilding,, my other cart is 80 something Columbia and it was to be mixed at 85:1,,

thanks,, for any help,,..
murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question with mixture

You want to run 40:1 for the first 3-4hrs with a fresh rebuild (per EZGO) - after that though, 128:1 or 1oz=1gal is exactly what you want to run (again, per EZGO)

Anything stronger and you exponentially increase the troubles associated with over-oiling (plugged muffler, smoking, buildup, etc)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks I dident think about more oil for fresh build glad I asked,, hopefully I can order beginning of the month only other thing I see I need will be a silinoid and I will order that as well through there so I have the right one,,
Thanks so much..
Old 07-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Brew City is on the money. I would just add that you should mix the gas oil in a separate container and shake enthusiastically to mix. Just tossing gas and oil into the gas tank won't cut it. In fact I bet if you peer into the bottom of your tank you will see nasty slicks of congealed oil.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Yeah that's what I plan on doing with this cart, I checked the gas tank and the gas in it wasent mixed so I came to the conclusion the oil injection wasent working properly, but either way I am still eliminating it and pre mixing so I don't have that problem in the future, I just wanted to make sure I got the mixture correct and dident burn it up, the wife is excited for me to get it going, I just wish there was a different body I could get for it like the newer models, but Im sure I can fab one or just tweak this one to round over the boxiness of this body,,
thanks for all the help..
Old 07-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

actually, the swap to a 94-up plastic cowl isn't so bad from what I hear, even if you keep the rear stock it really dresses up the front of the cart BIG time, and you can find decent cowls for under $100 shipped all over Ebay

This link shows a great pic of an older 87 all dressed up with the new-style cowl - maybe the guy selling it can give you a pointer or two on the swap:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...tc-advise.html
Old 07-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

yeah thats perfect, I have seen that front end while surfin the net but wasent sure if it would bolt on with out to much modifacation, I can live with the back end of this cart its in real good shape the front is in ok shape but no plastic nose, I even welded the breaks in it where the windsheld bolts on in prep to do something with it, but if I can get ahold of one of those front clips I would be happy at least it would look better then a box on wheels,, lol,,
thanks for the info that really helps,,
Old 07-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

I seen the body kits looking around the net for the 94 and ups, now if the front clips will work do you think the rear clips will as well, if so I would really consider just doing that, I like the shape of them more then the boxyness of this, since this was a gift for our wedding I think we can afford to put more into it, plus since the little women will be driving this one I know she would like the newer body more.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Whoa, slow down Amigo - I didn't say "bolt-on" or "easy", I said "isn't so bad" ... The cowl mod, from what I understand (again, I've never done it) requires a fair amount of cutting and fabrication (albeit fairly straightforward stuff, no welding if I recall) and I believe the rear will require welding, frame and swingarm mods, etc in addition (not to mention a complete relocation/remount of all electrical and controls, etc)

Just didn't want to see you jump into something without knowing all the details - again, I really think talking to someone with more experience would be a safe plan unless you're ready to undertake it yourself - there are several threads on just such a conversion, might be a good idea to take a peeek there
Old 07-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #10
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Also, keep in mind that with the new rear cowl, even if you did get it to fit well relatively simply - your cart uses the body as a grounding point for almost the entire electrical, the new body is plastic ... See where I'm going with this?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO