lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Question with mixture

Yeah I see where you are going with what you are saying, I know it would have to be grounded in another way, and as for mounting the body I just wasent sure if it would work on not, Im sure anything will work with enough fab but just wastent sure how much fab I would have to do, I will look around in here and see if anyone has done this and if so see what all is involved, but if nothing else I would like to change the front clip, seen some on ebay but the used ones or cheaper ones they wont ship,,.
Thanks for the help,
And yes I will be researching all the avenues before I even start to cut,
Thank you..
murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #12
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also noticed that you said you needed a new piston and rings. Are you sure the cylinder is good? If you're going to the trouble of a new piston and rings, it's worth doing a total top end if the cylinder is out of spec. From what I hear, these things don't wear exactly round.

Plus, change the crank seals if you're going to this work already.....
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

That was what I planed on doing when I first pulled the cylinder and seen the piston, but as searched for a top end rebuild I just couldn't believe the prices, so I checked the cylinder and it is very close to round and just light scratches so I know I can hone those out, the head took the blunt of the damage where the pieces of rings were hammered on but again I did clean that up good as well, I would love to do a compleat upper rebuild but with money being scarce and being on a limits income with disability for now a piston and ring set is gonna do, I found one for$ $40 and gasket set for$ $14, I couldnt find a upper rebuild for under $200 so for now this is all I can do, I do plan on a top rebuild in future and will probably be a winter project along with a tare down of the body for frame up clean and paint and front clip swap,
Thanks for the advice wish I could swing it would save time,, but I do have another project I am trying to get together as well and need an engine for that, just wish I kept the Columbia engine I had one it but I wanted a 3-4 wheeler engine on that one,, I guess I was worried the stock engine wouldent turn the tracks,,
Old 07-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #14
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

oops

Last edited by murf; 07-16-2011 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: double post
Old 07-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well hey, if the budget won't allow.

Though still, doing the crank seals is still a very good idea if you the engine out already.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO