lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #21
sheffs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 marathon wont start

OK so i have found my keyswitch and microswitch to be good i have put on a new solenoid but still nothing so i put back on my old solenoid and it started to crank over but no fire so i was checking the spark plug wire and now i am back to square one with nothing happening any suggestions???
thanks
sheffs
sheffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #22
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

The fact that you mess with things and they start and stop working leads me to believe that you still have a ground / corrosion issue. I would disconnect the wires to the solenoid one by one and check for rust. At the same time tug gently on the connector as it is quite common for the wire to break on the crimp and then be held in place by the rubber sleeve thus giving the illusion of a connection. Also check the grounds at the other end of the wire such as the regulator.

And just to confirm, there is a ground strap between the common earth point on the frame and the engine block, yes?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #23
sheffs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yes and i allready cleaned that conection
Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #24
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

That's good and I am 99% that your issue is going to be easy to fix (but maybe hard to find)
Old 08-17-2011, 08:28 AM   #25
sheffs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK i have gone thru 90% of the wiring and found one of the wires broken off the micro switch so i cleaned it up and re attached it and still nothing is there a way to jump this switch out or go around it to see if the switch is bad??

thanks
sheffs
Old 08-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #26
ucipd7225
Not Yet Wild

I have a 90' and have the same solenoid problem. It will start when it is cold but when it has been run for a while and gets hot, the pedal will not start the golf cart. I have purchased the second one from the auto store and it has already crapped out also. Looks like i'm going to have to break down and purchase one from the local golf cart store.

I have noticed as well that there are two micro switches behind the FNR lever, one of which is not hooked up... Any ideas as to where the wires should go? or what they even do?
ucipd7225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #27
sheffs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

im not sure about your two micro switches i only have one on my 84. also i purchased a solenoid from autozone and it did not work but after cleaning or replacing all of the wire ends thru the engine i put back on the old solenoid and the cart now runs no problems i belive it was a bad wire or bad conection as far as a solenoid i know that advance auto parts sells a correct solenoid that will work for a golf cart i dont remember the item #.

sheffs
osm#7
Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #28
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

UCIPD, you will get a lot more attention if you start a new thread, give it a go and a host of guys will pop up to help you.

SHEFFS, Autozone do not carry the correct solenoid. They only carry momentary use devices that will not last the rigors of cart use. BTW congrats on fixing your cart.

Dave
Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #29
sheffs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yes i know autozone was the wrong choice but i found by googleing that advance auto parts does carry the correct one it stays constantly energized btw thanks for all your help i appreciate it.

sheffs
Old 08-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #30
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

In that case I stand corrected. As long as it is a constant duty device and physically fits then Autozone is a good source.
Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO