lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Default Surging

My 98 EZGO surges at low speed. Once it gets to a certain speed it runs fine. It's kinda like a jerk until it gets to that certain point then it smooths out and runs fine. We use it around the dragstrip, and it's a pain when your trying to cruise at low speeds. Any ideas?
VHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
barney1golf
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Surging

Throttle cable and governor adjustment. Sounds like the governor is out of adjustment. I have found when you adjust 1 you have to adjust the other. You also have to be patient with it. It might take 8-10 times before you get it like you want.
barney1golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Surging

What is the best way to adjust the gov? Also, do the valves adjust at .005? I need to ck them from what I understand. I've fooled around with the gov on this with no results but I've never cked throttle cable. When I got it the cable was so loose it would come off. I work on cars, diesels, and a little bit of everything else but when it comes to a golf cart, I know very little. Thanks for the replys.
VHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO